Chapter 15: "...No Mercy rule?"

Kayden's POV

I was making the pancake batter, when the kitchen door opened revealing Lucy and Wesley.

"It's about time,"I sighed. Lucy walked up to me, and looked at the batter.

"So, what are we doing?"she asked.

"You're making us breakfast,"Hunter chimed, from the kitchen table.

"We're making breakfast for everyone, but we're starting with mom,"I clarified,"She needs this boost, she's been...off lately."

"Alright," Lucy agreed,"Lets make her heart shaped pancakes."

"How do we do that?" I asked.

"Cookie cutters,"she replied. Lucy walked over to cabinet filled with baking stuff, and got out some heart shaped cookie cutters. She brushed them with some oil, and put them on the griddle.

I watched as she made the pancakes for mom, and I got out the strawberries from the fridge. They're mom's favorite fruit. As I was cutting strawberries, I heard the kitchen door open, but know one came in. I was going to yell ghost, but I heard little feet.

"Hello twins," Sean smiled, and picked up Katrina and Sierra.

"Pancakes,"Sierra yawned, and pointed at Lucy.

"Those are mom's pancakes,"I chuckled. Lucy finished up mom's pancakes, and I handed her a plate. She arranged them all nice and neat, then I added the strawberries.

Lucy got the rest of the breakfast tray ready, and I picked it up.

"You ready?"I asked her. She nodded then grabbed the twins from Sean.

"What about our food?"Drew whined.

"We'll be back to make more food,"I laughed, and walked out of the kitchen. We walked upstairs, and into mom's room. Lucy walked in first, with Katrina and Sierra. I followed behind them, and I saw mom fast asleep in bed.

"Mom," Lucy called out, and started poking her. Mom stirred, then opened her eyes. Katrina and Sierra crawled up onto mom's bed, and also started poking her.

"What's wrong?" mom asked, and sat up.

"Nothing's wrong mom,"I chuckled,"We made you breakfast."

"Oh really," Mom smiled, and rubbed her hands together. I sat the tray on her lap, and she smiled wide. "Heart shaped pancakes, how creative,"Mom laughed.

"Happy Mommy's day!"Katrina screeched.

"It's not Mother's Day sweetheart," mom smiled, and took a bite out of her pancakes. I was going to say something, but mom's phone went off.

"Is that dad?"I asked.

"Yes,"mom replied,"He's face timing me."

"Answer it,"Lucy smiled.

"I am. I am,"mom chuckled, and accepted dad's request.

Natalie's POV

Carter's tired face appeared on my phone, and I smiled wide.

"Hey babe,"he yawned.

"Hey there handsome,"I smirked.

"Gross,"Kayden groaned. Carter and I both laughed, and I flipped the camera so Carter could see the kids.

"Well look at those beautiful kids," Carter stated.

"Hi dad,"Lucy waved.

"When are you coming home?"Kayden asked.