Chapter 28: "I'm cold.."

Lucy's POV

I had finally untied myself, and I had gotten off of the chair. I silently open the door, and peeked out. Thank god no one was in the hallway. I quickly dashed out, and went to the right.

I followed the never ending hallways, until I ran into a familiar face.

"Manny!"I exclaimed, and threw my arms around him.

"Hey little one,"he chuckled,"Lets get you home." He motioned for me to follow him, and I obeyed. We walked down the hallway, and took a left. That's when I saw a door.

We quickly made our way outside, and I was met with a big surprise. There were tons of people outside, guns were blazing, bodies were dropping, and blood was getting everywhere. It was a very horrific scene.

"This way,"Manny urged, and grabbed my hand. He led me through the field of dead bodies, and we were heading towards a car. Glass shattered in the cars window, then Manny stopped. I looked at him, and he started shooting at some some men.

He pushed me behind him, and I quickly looked over the scene. Everything was moving so fast, it was hard to keep up with. I found my dad fighting some guy with knives, and all dad had was hands.

I wanted to continue watching, but I heard Manny cry out in pain. I looked at him, and he slowly fell to the ground.   He had been shot.

"Manny No!!"I cried, and helped him land softly on the ground. I looked at where he had been shot, and realized he had been shot 3 times in the stomach. "Manny stay with me!"I sobbed.

Manny pulled off his necklace, and handed it to me.

"G-Give this to your father,"he choked,"Tell him that he was always like a son to me

"G-Give this to your father,"he choked,"Tell him that he was always like a son to me."

"I will b-but,"I sniffled,"You're gonna be okay." Manny chuckled, and coughed.

"Tell my wife that she's the greatest thing that's ever happened to me," he paused, to cough,"And that I'm sorry I had to leave so soon. My children....tell them I'll always be with them."

"I will Manny b-," he cut me off.

"Make sure your parents stay with each other forever, and you kids stay strong," he smiled,"I am at peace." With that said, I watched the life in his fade away, and I knew he was gone. I clutched the necklace in my hand, and cried. I may not have recognized his presence, until a few days ago but......Now that I think about it, he's always been there for my family. Always, and for that I am eternally grateful.

I was shaken from my thoughts, by someone wrapping there arms around my waist. I quickly turned my head, and saw Wesley.

"Come on!"he yelled, and picked me up.

"I'm not leaving without Manny,"I cried, and started to wiggle out of his grasp. Wesley ignored me, and threw me over his shoulder. "Wesley put me down!"I screamed, and started pounding on his back.

He carried me to the car with the shattered window, and he set me down. I tried to run back to Manny, but Wesley grabbed a hold off me. That's when I noticed the blood on his shirt.

"Are you hurt?"I panicked. He stayed silent, and shook his head.

"I'm fine, but get in,"he ordered, and opened the car door. I was going to protest, but Kayden spoke up.

"Wesley? Lucy? Are you guys okay?"he asked. I looked through the broken window, and saw Kayden with a bloody face.

"Oh my god! Kayden, what happened to your face?"I questioned, and opened the door. I gently grabbed Kayden's face, and winced. That looks painful.

"It's just a scratch,"Kayden joked.

"This is not a joking matter Kayden,"I frowned, "You could go blind."

"Thanks for raising my spirits,"he mumbled. I sighed, and noticed that Wesley started walking away.

"Wesley, where are you going?"I asked, and Wesley turned around.

"Hunter, Drew, and.."He paused,"Sean need to get over here, and I have to go get them."

"Are you insane?!"I screeched, and stomped towards him,"It's a freaking battlefield out there."

"Lucy, I'll be fine,"he assured.

"You'll be fine??"I argued,"You're already bleeding."

"It's not my blood!"Wesley shouted, which made me jump. Wesley sighed, and ran a hand through his hair. 

"Who's blood is it?"I whispered, afraid of the answer. Wesley was hesitant, but he answered.

"It's Sean's,"he muttered. Tears formed in his eyes, and he swallowed. "I-I think he's,"Wesley he paused,"I think he's dead." My eyes widened, and I looked back at Kayden who was listening in on our conversation. His face fell, and tears ran down his face. I looked back at Wesley, and a few stray tears also ran down his face.

"I can't believe th-"I stopped myself, once I saw a man watching Wesley and I. The man raised a gun, and aimed for Wesley. I looked Wesley in the eyes, and shoved him to the ground. A shot rang out, and pain flowed through my body. 

I clutched my stomach, and fell to my knees. Wesley was in shock, but he was by my side in an instant. I looked back at the man, and saw AJ take him down. 

"Lucy,"Wesley's soft voice echoed in my ear. I looked at him, then back to AJ. He was running towards us, and I suddenly felt really tired. "Lucy don't you dare close your eyes,"Wesley warned. AJ finally arrived, and he put pressure on my wound. I winced, and squeezed Wesley's hand.

"Lucy listen to me okay?"AJ began,"Don't close your eyes. Stay focused on me okay?"

"Okay,"I choked. AJ was doing something, but I couldn't really focus because I got really cold. I looked at Wesley, and shivered. "I'm cold,"I admitted, and Wesley looked at AJ.

"You're gonna be okay Lucy,"Wesley assured.

"You know how you said, you'd protect me until your last breath,"I reminded, and he nodded. "Well I didn't tell you that I'd protect you too,"I smiled,"I really like you Wesley."

"Hang in there kiddo,"AJ muttered.

"I like you too Lucy, but hold on for me okay,"Wesley smiled weakly. I'm not sure what happened next, but it was a lot of yelling.

 As darkness consumed my vision AJ yelled,"Carter! Natalie!"

Wesley was yelling,"Stay with me Lucy!"

And Kayden screamed,"What's happening to my sister!?" As darkness completely consumed me, everything was silent. 

___________

I hate to end it there, but I'm still trying to figure out if I really want Lucy dead. It'd be upsetting, but I have other things in store for the Serpent Brotherhood.

I'm sorry if this chapter made you sad, cry, or tear up. Like I said these next few chapters are going to be an emotional roller coaster, but not just for you guys. For the gang as well.

Please Comment & Vote