Chapter 2: Rumors

Chapter 2: Rumors

High School also known as a prison, a place for incarceration. They force knowledge down your throat and hope you learn. All I see right now is that it is a week or so till the end of it all, then I am free.

“Adrene!” I knew that voice, that high pitched voice that belonged to my friend Julia. I turned around to see her making her way into the crowed school hallway.

“Adriane,” Julia threw her scrawny arms around me and gave me a huge hug. “I didn’t know if you were coming today.” I understood, yesterday I didn’t come to school because I hadn’t quite made it here. I had fallen and hit my head, nearly causing myself to drown. So of course she wouldn’t know if I would come back the next day, wait who else knew?

“Well I am here, as you can see.” I tried to make a smile, but Julia’s expression didn’t change.

“I called you like twenty times last night. I wanted to make sure you were ok.”

Well no I am not ok.

“Yes I am fine.” As I finished my last sentence the bell rang, I made my way to Mathematics in room 213 with Julia. Math was it’s usual, no one paid any attention only one person actually listening and doing the work. At least art class was next, now that I do not mind learning.

I was walking down the hall towards my locker and then we collided. I felt a jolt of shock throughout my body. I looked up to see a new boy to school with his hand outstretched for me to take. I did and he helped me up and helped me pick up my books, but before I could say sorry and thank you he was gone. He seemed familiar, even though he just transferred.

Art class was a blur; all I could think of was the new guy. How is he new to everyone and the school and yet to me seems so familiar? Had I ever met him before and forgotten? I needed to find out why he was new to everyone but me.

At lunch he was alone, I thought of going over and talking to him, I decided not to but wait till the right moment. He looks like a guy out of a Vogue Magazine. Sitting beside the window, letting half the light illuminate his body. His black v-neck long sleeve with grey jeans made him look mysterious as he was. Wait was I staring? Was I the only person looking at him? Did no one notice him, the school outlaw that looked like a model?

I went to my locker before my next class and grabbed a textbook. I closed my locker door to see him; he was the person that now owned the empty locker next to me. “Hey,” Adrene said. He looked up at me and I was electrified by his shocking green eyes. “My name is Adrene.” His hair was perfectly tousled, a dark brown almost black.

“My name is Lucas, Lucas Dust.” He truly was a guy out of a Vogue Magazine.

“So you just transferred?” Please don’t think I’m a creep...

“Yes, from Ireland.”

“You don’t have an Irish accent.”

“Yes because I wasn’t born there, I moved there a few years ago. My family travels a lot.”

“Yeah, so what class do you have next?”

“English with Mr. Murray.”

“So do I, here I will show you where it is.”

“Adrene, thanks.” I didn’t say anything I simply nodded. Lucas seemed to be making me crazy, in a good way.

 During English I couldn’t help but to look at Lucas. Sometimes he didn’t notice but other times he would look up and smile. I turned my face so he wouldn’t see me smile back.

The rest of the day seemed to go by fast, and as soon as the bell rang for us to leave I ran into Lucas. “Hey,” I laughed slightly and added. “So do you think we are going to keep doing this?” I hope so.

“I don’t know, but I don’t mind it.” Lucas replied. And neither do I, I thought to myself.

“Yeah me—“

“Adrene!” Julia….

“Well I’ll see you Monday.” I said.

“Bye.” And then Lucas walked off. I turned around to see Julia with a stern look on her face. “Hello Julia.” She grabbed my arm firmly and dragged me out of sight from Lucas.

“Um-" As Julia made sure no one was looking.

“Do you know who that is?”

“Yeah Lucas Dust.” She was acting so serious,what was wrong?

“Yeah, and do you know where he transferred from?” I didn’t want to be a creep and I didn’t think Julia needed to know. “Um no, I don’t.”

“Well neither do I, but you don’t know anything about him. For all we know he could be a stalker, learning more about you until BAM he’s got you!”

“Julia I am fine, e isn’t a stalker and why all of a sudden are you worried about me meeting new people?” Julia was never protective over meeting new people, why was there a problem with Lucas?

“I, I’m not. I just heard something.”

“Julia I have to go home, tell me over the phone.” I started walking away wondering what Julia had heard.