Chapter 23: One last Chance

I know I haven't writen in a while, I've been really busy! I'm hoping you'll like this chapter... XD

Chapter 23:One last Chance

     I stared at Lucas wondering where? "But Lucas where? Where are we going to go so that they don't find us?"

     Lucas helped me up. "I don't know where we should go all I know is my gut is telling me we should run." I looked at Lucas and saw how worried he was that something else horrible might happen soon, so without a second thought I agreed.

     "Then let's go."

     Lucas and I began to run but my legs were to weak, I was still in utter pain. "Lucas I can't run." I said leaning against a tree. Lucas walked back towards me and lifted my feet to hold me, I Held his neck.

     "Then we have to fly." Lucas said looking at me. He opened his wings and began to fly. Below us I couldn't see anyone but I knew they were there, watching us waiting for the kill. I didn't want to go back down there I didn't want to touch ground again it just felt so unsafe.

     "Lucas!" I screamed as I felt something my arm, it was an arrow. They began to shoot more and I knew I had nothing else to do. "Lucas we have to go down there and fight, this wont end if we just keep trying to escape. We have to go down there."

     "No." Lucas said firmly. "I'm not going to lose you again." Lucas' eyes became green with fire and tears spilled out.

     "You won't." I said unsure if that was true, but we needed to stop this even if something bad happened. Lucas looked at me and knew I was right that we needed to go down there.

     Lucas cried out in pain and I knew I was falling, I couldn't find my voice to scream. Instead I just closed my eyes and let myself fall back., there was nothing I could do.  Just as I was about to hit the ground Lucas came and grabbed me protecting me from the fall. We hurdled onto the dirt floor, within the hunters reach but instead there was no hunters. Lucas swiftly came to my side, "Are you alright?"

     "Yes Lucas I'm fine," I looked around and saw no sign of hunters but I could sense them. "Where are they?" I whispered to Lucas. Lucas pushed my body back to the groud with strong force, he looked to the side and we saw a flaming arrow sinking into the ground. They were here.

     "Run!" Lucas yelled as he helped me up. I began to run even though the pain hadn't eased, I turned my head back and forth looking as daggers and arrows flew past us hitting the trees.

     "Wait!" We heard a voice in the distance and the attacks eased. "Do not fire!" Lucas and I slowed down to a complete stop and looked behind us to see none other than Susan, my mother. "Adrene, I will give you one last chance. One last chance to choose your rightful future."

     "No," I said firmly. My mother looked at me and nodded, "Then I have no other choice, hunters get them!"

     Lucas and I began to run again, we ran into the forest until Lucas was hit. "Lucas!" I cried out as he fell to the ground withering in pain, he had a flaming arrow in his back. I came to his aid and pulled out the arrow, I knew it had hurt him even more but I had to be done. "Adrene we need to get out of here, we can't fight this." I nodded, "Then let's get out of here before anything else happens." Lucas got up and opened his wings, we went  into the air but before we could get any higher a net came down on us.  

     "We've got them!" A man yelled from afar. I stood up as best I could, trying to get the net off but it wasn't moving. Lucas lay on the ground and his wings were bent, they were broken. "Lucas!" I cried trying to get over to him but I could move.

     "Hello." A hooded man said as he came towards the net with a bow an arrow, he swung and knocked me down. "That should do for now men, but they'll  wake soon so....." Everything went black.

     I know this chapter was short but I think the rest would fit better in the next chapter.... xD