Chapter 4:Divine Beauty

Chapter 4: Divine beauty

       Saturday morning was quiet, you could hear a pin drop, and clearly Aunt Lisa didn’t come home till really late. So while she was still sleeping at noon I went out, and I knew exactly where I was going. I couldn’t help but to go there and I knew it could be a disaster.

          It was raining outside so I had my hoodie on going through the forest. I came to the spot where I had fallen, and that is when I saw it, right there in plain sight my blood on the rock. It was blackish red and was slowly being washed away by the rain. I took a step up onto one of rocks very carefully because I didn’t need to fall in and almost die again.

          I took a deep breath, it was beautiful out here. The waterfall wasn’t loud but quiet, the water was a deep blue green but you could tell it was clean. There was moss taking over all the rocks and climbing up the trees closer to the water. The air was so pure it hurt to take to much breath. It’s hard to believe people don’t see its beauty. I just hope it is not the next piece of land turned into a parking lot for the next mall. A graveyard of lost natural beauty, and another part of land taken for our human casualties.

***

          “Adrene is that you?” Aunt Lisa emerged out of the living room into the doorway. “Lucas just called he said he was coming over at three o’clock.”

          Three o’clock? Had we ever talked about going out at all? I don’t know if we did, but it was two-thirty seven pm so I was going to get ready, for whatever this three o’clock thing was.

          “Yeah, thanks I have to go get ready.”

          “Wait wh-" Aunt Lisa rolled her eyes and smiled shaking her head. “Girls.”

          I had my dark blue jeans on with my light brown long-sleeved. For makeup I didn’t wear much just brown mascara, but you could barely tell I was wearing any.

          “Adrene! Lucas is here!”

When I came downstairs Lucas was waiting there. He was wearing jeans and a long-sleeved as well. “Hey,” I said as he looked up and gave me a crooked smile. “Hey,” He said and we stared at each other for a little while.

          “Aunt Lisa I’m going.”

“Okay don’t be home late.”

          I shut the door and followed Lucas down the driveway and down a stone path. I could tell Aunt Lisa was still watching from the window.

          “So Lucas where are we going?” He looked at me and smiled and then he pressed his hand into mine. “I have no idea.” We turned a corner and that’s when he kissed me. His one hand on my face and the other still holding my hand. Before I could do anything he moved his face from mine. His hand still holding my face, he looked into my eyes.

          “You know what this means right?” I asked.

          He smiled. “It means I just kissed London’s most divine beauty, making me her beloved.”

          I smiled. “Divine beauty? Beloved? Mr. Murray will be proud to call you his student. He may even believe you to be Shakespeare’s descendant.”

          “Let him.” I shook my head still smiling.

          We walked down pathways laughing and smiling. Lucas made me happy and I forgot all the rest.

          “Adrene would you like to stop and eat it’s nearly

dinner.”

          Truth, I was a bit hungry I hadn’t had much for lunch, and dinner sounded great. “Sure, I’d really like that.”

***

          The restaurant wasn’t very large or full, but it was a nice little place.

          “I’ll have the scallops and pasta please.” I ordered.

          “Me as well. So you live with your Aunt?”

          I put the menu down. It was an easy answer to a simple question, and yet I didn’t know what to say.

          “Yes, I do.”

         “What about your parents?”

          “They, uh, are, have been gone for over eight years.”

          “They just left you?”

Yes they did! They left me here with my Aunt, they

didn’t care how long they would be gone, and they were never coming back!

          “I say they did, but my Aunt says differently. They dropped me off at my Aunt’s and said they’d be back in a month. Well a month turned into months and then years. They’re supposed to come back, but they call and say something has come up for work and they have to stay longer. I just_” A tear came down my face; Lucas put his hand in mine. “It’s okay you don’t have to say anymore. I’m sorry.” He said.

          “It’s alright. How about your parents”

          “I don’t have any anymore. They were killed years ago.”

          “Oh my gosh Lucas I’m so sorry. Forget I said anything.” I felt so extremely sorry for Lucas.

          After dinner we stopped by a river. The rocks were filled with the same moss as the one that covered the rocks by the waterfall.

          I sat with Lucas, my feet side by side with his. He had his arm around me. Then later on he laid back into the sand, and I put my head on his chest, listening to him breathe. I leaned over his chest and to his face, he slowly moved up. I went to kiss him and just as our lips were so

close I could sense the heat between them I jumped up.

          “For that kiss you’ll have to chase me.” I ran as fast as I could, up the rocks and through the grass.

          “So we’re playing the now?” Lucas laughed and made his way down to where Adrene had run. He could hear her laugh in the distance.

          “Give up?” There she was right behind him.

          “No.” She turned to run and Lucas was right behind her, just as she turned he sped up. “Gotcha!” They laughed and Lucas got his kiss. Then the rain came.

          “AHH!” Adrene laughed.

          “It’s ok I’ll keep you warm.” Adrene put herself in Lucas’ arms. She pressed her head to his heart; she could hear his heart beat fast.

 ***

          “Bye Lucas.” He gave me a goodnight kiss and left.

          “Adrene, you've been gone for five hours.”

          “Sorry we went out to dinner.”

          “Alright, alright. See you in the morning.”

          “Night, wait Aunt Lisa how was your date?”

          “Oh, that was great.” She came back down the stairs. “Camron took me to a movie, dinner and then we went for a midnight stroll.”

          “So when do you see him next?”

          “I’m not sure, soon I hope.” She smiled and went back upstairs. I went as well I was tired and… soaking wet. So I changed into my pyjama’s and my cell phone went off. It was a text message but didn’t show from whom. It read…

          Be careful, he is not what he looks like.