Chapter 8:Safer with you

     I suspected Adrene to freak out once I had told he but she didn't. I thought she would run off into the wood screaming angel, but she didn't. She accepted me as angel, for who I really was and that is why I love her.

     I got a letter today from another "fallen" angel; Pareph. (Pear-ef) I opened it and there was nothing but a few words.

     They are coming, Run!

     I was always on watch for hunters, but now I was on red alert. If they know of Adrene and I, then we both aren't safe here.

***********************

     I waited for Lucas, we were going to be late for school. But once he showed up and showed me the letter from Pareph I didn't know what to think, let alone say. After moments of re -reading the letter I finally said. "So they're coming? The hunters?"

     Lucas pulled me into his chest, I could tell he was scared too because all his muscles were tense.

     "Yes they're coming, and I'm going to figure out what we should do."

     "But what if they know? About us." Lucas tightened his arms and became even more tense. "I'm not going to let them hurt you." Lucas said, I sat in Lucas's arms until I realized something.

     "We're going to be late for school, and I have to talk to Julia." Lucas laughed and we started walking, atleast that made us forget about it... for a while.

     But the thought of Lucas and I in danger burned through all my other thoughts. I didn't listen to the lecture our teacher gave us on how making sure our calculations were correct. How was that suppossed to keep Lucas and I safe? How is anything they teach me going to keep us safe?All this Hunter danger crap is getting to my head. We were safe right now at least, right?

     The bell rang and I left to go talk to Julia because she wasn't in class, I found her by my locker talking to Lucas.

     "And yeah so I hope she isn't still mad at me." Julia was against my locker twirling her strawberry blonde waves.

     "Hey Julia," I interrupted. Lucas looked up with a thankful look.

     "Adrene, you didn't call."

     "Oh yeah sorry I was, busy." I saw Lucas smile and I just rolled my eyes. "But I do forgive you."

     "You shouldn't I said some stupid things, stupid things that were hurtful but are totally not true. I was just so mad and I didn't mean any of it, I'm sorry."

     "Julia it's ok I understand." She gave me a huge hug. "OMG! Thank you! See you later!" Said Julia. 

     "Yeah, see you later." I said waving as she walked off. I turned to Lucas trying not to look him in the eyes, for I knew he would see right through me. I knew he would see that I was scared.

     "Adrene, are you alright?"

     "Yeah I'm fine. Well I should get to class." I said.

     "Yeah me too, see you in English." I nodded and walked off  he knew something was up.

     Once lunch came around Lucas took me to a cafe near by. We got two chammomile tea's and crosants. We sat at a small table outside. I still tried not to look up at Lucas.

      "So at least you and Julia are fine now, right?"

     "Yeah, but I'm not surprised if she does something else to piss me off soon."