Chapter 7:Pancakes?

Chapter 7:Pancakes?

     Was I dreaming? I looked at Lucas his thin white shirt plastered to his skin from the rain, and behind him beautiful  gray wings. Angel wings. I moved closer and saw his wings were damaged. There was scratched, deep cuts, half burned feathers. Then his wings disappeared before my eyes, they were hidden.

     "What happened?" I asked.

    "Hunters, they are a race of people that believe angels should be in heaven or in hell. So they capture us and torture us to tell them about the others, and if you don't co-operate they kill you. I got out lucky but they have been after me ever since." Lucas' eyes weren't as bright but it might have been from the rain. His eyes were soft and less fierce.

     "They did that?" I asked.

     "And these." Lucas lifted his shirts and showed me the scars. I moved my hands across his chest feeling  the bumps of the scars. Some looked like a wolf tried to cut into his heart others bruises, and cuts. Lucas looked at me and didn't say anything, I realized I was crying again.

     "So you're an angel."

     "Yes, I am. I'm sorry that I kept it from you." I hugged him and held him close, he was warm even though he was soaking wet.

     "I love you." I sad.

     He laughed, "Adrene you already said that."

     "I know."

     We walked home and Lucas told me everything. Hunters were a race of people that hunted the angels, the hunters called them the  Fallen. They called them the Fallenbecause they believe if they are on earth that they have been banished from heaven, and once they are killed they will either be forgiven for their sins and enter the gates of heaven once again or be sent to hell where they get the punishment they deserve. Lucas said he had been running from hunters because they had captured him and tried to get information about other angels, but Lucas wouldn't speak and he escaped before they killed him. So he was on the run and he came here, that's when he found me in the woods and so he saved me. He said after he saved me he couldn't leave without knowing me and then he fell in love like I did.  But Lucas spoke of how dangerous it was for the both of us, if the hunters found us, and I didn't care as long as I had Lucas.

     Once we got to my house there were messages on the machine."Hey Adrene it is Julia. I'm sorry about what I said, it was me being an ass. Call?"

     "So you going back tomorrow?" Lucas asked.

     "Yeah I guess so. I'll talk to Julia then."

     "Why not now?" Lucas asked and I smiled and kissed him.

     " Because I'm busy at the moment."

     I kissed him and ran my hands through his hair and down his neck. He pulled me close and had one hand on my face and the other in my hair. We moved and hit the wall frame. I leaned back against it and moved on of my hands to Lucas' chest. He groaned and I took a hand full of is shirt in my hand. We stopped to breathe soon enough.

*******************************

     "Well I should get going before your Aunt comes home." Lucas kissed my forehead and made his way to the door. "Bye." He said.

     "Bye." I whispered

     Once Lucas left I went upstairs and peeled off my soaking wet clothes and changed into my favourtie pyjama's.

    "Adrene!" Mom?

     "Adren! Run!" Lucas?

     I stood frozen in darkness and then I was lifted into the air. "Lucas?" I felt blind but soon I could see the cliff that I had been on.

     "Yeah it's me." I looked at him, his face scratched and dirty, his wings had arrows in them and some feathers burnt to ash flowing away. He had an arrow in his left arm. "Lucas your arm." He didn't look. "It's fine!" He yelled angry, and just as he yelled an arrow came up and hit him in his lung. Then another near his heart, we started to drop but Lucas held me close. We weren't far from the ground and Lucas made it so his body hit the ground.

     "Lucas NO!" But it happened and he hit the ground hard and I rolled off into the ground next to him. "Adrene run I'll be behind you!" Lucas yelled and I started to run.

     I woke up with a gasp. "Adrene, hun. Are you feeling better?" It was six o'clock and Lisa had brought me my dinner. Mmmmm.... pancakes?

     "Yeah. Um what's with the pancakes?" I looked at her confused pointing at the pancakes.

     "Breakfast dinner." Aunt Lisa smiled and left.

     "Thanks!" I yelled to her.

     "No Problem!" She yelled back.