Chapter 21:The Epic Battle

Hey Guys next chapter is right here and ready for your eyes! Sorry about all the speeling mistakes in the other chapter it was not like that when I posted it, for some reason my computer doesn't change it..? Well chapter 21 is all done and I hope you all enjoy it!!!!

     Chapter 21:The Epic Battle

    It wasn't long before they saw us and set the alarm. "THERE! DO YOU SEE THEM! GET THEM!" The arrows were being sent and so were bullets. Lucas managed to doge some but others had hit him, he had swung me over to the right side of him where I was shielded by his body.

     "Lucas we need to get out of here." I whispered to him as if they could hear us.

     "I kn--" Before Lucas could finish he was crying out in pain groaning.

     "Lucas,"

     "Urgghhhh, ahhhh." He would groan and cry I tried to look at what it was but I couldn't see anything. "AHH!" He screamed once more and I realized his shirt becoming red with blood.

      "Lucas." I said touching his wounds, they were arrows and one was a bullet. We began to slowly drop. The shots were fired again no matter how far away Lucas and I got from the Sanctuary. Lucas cried out once more as one of his wings began to stop instantly. "Lucas!" We were dropping fast  hurdling back to the ground.

     "Adrene, hold tight." Lucas said as we neared the trees. The tree branches became sharp as knives as we cut through the trees.

     "Lucas no!" I yelled as I grasped his concept. He was going to let us fall to the ground but him first. "Lucas!" I screamed and we came closer to the ground.

     Instantly we hit the ground and I hurdled into a tree,  a sharp burning pain in my lungs, I tried to grab oxygen but it came as a struggle. I finally was able to gasp and get some, my back was killing and I felt paralyzed it was hard to move. The fall had come so fast and so unexpected that I didn't even get enough time to scream. "Lucas." I groaned flipping onto my stomach. "Lucas?"

     I looked around me and saw a faint red sunset, I saw Lucas' body lying in the dirt. "Lucas!" I tried to run over to him, he was near the edge of a cliff. "Lucas!" I knelt down beside his body, I pulled the arrow from his shoulder and the arrow beside his heart. His wing was bent in a deadly way with a bloody hole in it, the bullet. I tried to pull it out and Lucas regained consciousness, he gasped and firmly had my throat. His hand was ruff and crushing my air way, his eyes were such a dark green.

     "Lucas..."I tried to say.

     His hand released and his eyes softened, "Adrene, I'm sorry." I let the oxygen fill my lungs as I said. "It's fine, what happened your eyes were almost black."

     Lucas looked to the side and up to the setting sun. "I don't know but this anger went through me and I wanted to kill you, but I don't." Lucas looked back at me and put his hand to my face kissing me and I kissed him. 

     "Beautiful." A voice said.

     I opened my eyes Lucas' wings were gone and I looked back into the trees to see my mother.

     "Isn't that just a pity, such a beautiful moment about to be ruined by death itself." My mother was wearing one of those robes just not wearing the hood, she walked forward with a bow and arrow.

     "Just stop, you don't need to do this." I said as I stood up.

     "Adrene I must, for your father." She said with a straight face.

     "He is dead and you know that, I killed him." I said as Lucas clutched my hand.

     "Adrene that was your father?" Lucas asked.

     "What she didn't tell you?" My mother said taking another step forward. "Why we are her parents, David was her father the man that she just killed and I Sarah am her mother." She said with a smile.

     "Lucas I didn't know they were hunters, I only found out when I came for you. They put me in that cell they tortured me ,chained me, and cut me. They aren't my parents and never will be, believe me." Lucas looked at me and saw the truth in my soul he knew I wasn't lying.

     "You killed your own father sweetheart you are a hunter, your destiny calls." My mother said holding out her hand.

     "I killed him before he could hurt me anymore, don't pretend that you and him wouldn't kill me in a heartbeat I saw it in your eyes the moment I found out you were my mother. Just leave or kill me because I'm not YOUR hunter."

     My mother shook her head. "Adrene, Adrene. You don't get it. Hunter and fallen cannot be together, it is forbidden. It is an abomination! You must do it you must kill him! You cannot love that filthy demon!" She yelled to me using the arrow in her hand to point at Lucas.

     Lucas stood forth. "Hey! She doesn't have to do anything! And I've told you time and time again I'm not a demon, if anyone here is it is you bitch! You say our love is forbidden well then let it be but that does not stop us! So leave and get out of here!" Lucas yelled as he stood in front of me.

     "Fine I will, after this!" Sarah yelled as she charged forward at Lucas.

     "Lucas!" I yelled and stood in front of him guarding him from my mother.

     This is where the battle began, the battle of mother and daughter. Blood would be shed and only one would live.

     AAHHH!!!!! Like it so far? Just wait the next chapter will be intense too! Who do you think will die? Adrene? Or Sarah? Guess and once I have a few I will begin writing the next chapter... so comment on who you think will live and who you think will die????

     Artist1923<3