Chapter 22: Death Was Never Peaceful

Hello again..... Well bit of a cliffhanger that chapter huh? I mean the way Adrene stood up for Lucas and herself. Well you guys have probably guessed that one character in this chapter is going to die.... sad I know. I hope you didn't bet on who was going to die because you never know it could very well be someone else.....XD

Chapter 22:Death Was Never Peaceful

I could feel the fury of every moment, the moment someone was cut, the moment someone's weapon would hit the others. The fury of the moment only seemed to make me stronger, and the stronger I seemed to get the more I forgot what it was I was fighting for.

"How can you choose him over me!" My mother had cried out as she fell to the ground.

"Because he is there for me." I said as I aimed to stab her with my sword but she rolled away and came back up into the fight.

"Adrene run!" Lucas yelled.

I turned around to see Sarah pulling the bow and arrow. She let it go and I didn't have much time to move, I was too slow. The arrow had hit my square in the shoulder, it burned like the pain before. I pulled the arrow out of my shoulder screaming. Sarah got another arrow for the ready, I jumped up and ran at her before she could pull the bow back. I knocked her to the ground and she had dropped the bow and arrow.

"Go ahead kill me." She spat out.

I lifted the dagger I used before and looked into Sarah's eyes. They were not filled with fear, sadness or hatefulness. They had nothing, I dropped the dagger and stabbed her leg. "I won't kill you because that would make me like you. Lucas and I are leaving and you shall stay here, or I will come for you." I said and got up, I began to walk towards Lucas he opened his arms and I went forward to him but he cried out something to me. I couldn't hear as well as I could before I saw him run to me. I felt my heart stop as the dagger pierced it, like a stick going through a mushy apple. I could feel as my mother whispered to me, her voice had sent chills up my spine.

"You are like me you just haven't found that part of you yet." I fell to the ground and looked up as my mother ran into the forest and Lucas' face came to mine but went blury, and then he had no face. "Adrene..." His voice drifted off into the darkness of my death.

I feel as if I am floating on water and yet drowning, I feel air come through but I cannot breathe, I feel the water on my skin but I am dry. This dark world was strange I couldn't see anything but faintly hear words. I could hear my name at times, and I could hear Julia as if she was right beside me. The pain inside of me burned as if I was on fire, I tried to scream but no words came. I was scared, I wanted my death to be peaceful but I felt aggressive. I want my Lucas, I want my life. I wasn't supposed to die, it wasn't supposed to be like this.

"Adrene," I heard a voice in the darkness say.

"Julia?"

"Adrene," The voice said again and light came through but I couldn't see anyone.

"Who are you!?" I asked petrified. The light became brighter and a woman stepped out. "Aunt Lisa?" My eyes started to well up.

"Adrene what happened? Why are you bleeding?" Aunt Lisa asked as if she didn't know.

"Aunt Lisa were dead, mom killed me and Camron killed you."

"No..... Oh My God no, no I can't be dead, you can't be dead.... wait I remember." Aunt Lisa gasped and started to cry too. "He, he killed me. She, she killed you. Adrene!" I ran to Aunt Lisa and gave her a hug we both were still crying. Aunt Lisa pulled back and held my face and kissed my forehead. "Adrene I'm so sorry this happened."

"It's not your fault, Aunt Lisa I'm so happy to see you I don't know where we are. And Lucas I don't know what is happening to him. What if mom killed him too? But would he come here too. Oh Aunt Lisa!" I said hugging her again. I pulled back and saw she wasn't there. "Aunt Lisa!" I yelled as the darkness came back sucking my body back into a black hole.

I couldn't see anything not even my fingers, I could hear a voice again.

"Adrene come back to me..... Adrene come back....." This voice was so familiar..... Lucas.

Through the darkness a rose fell, it was white and then became red. I put the rose to my heart and I felt the rose pulsate. It was my heart. It began to beat.... beat... and beat faster. I felt as if it was going to explode, it hurt so much and I began to breathe.

I gasped and my eyes burned. I saw Lucas his eyes were red from tears, he looked at me with his eyes wide. "Adrene!" He sliced through the cold wind and ran to me. He held my body close running his hands through my hair. Our hearts beat against each other. "I thought I had lost you."

"Lucas, I love you." I cried.

"I know, I know you do. I love you too."

Lucas looked ruff, his skin was dirty, his shirt was ripped,his lip was bleeding, and you could see most of his scares. I probably looked the same way. "Lucas what do we do next?"

"We run,"