Chapter 14: The Letter

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say that I'm sorry I haven't posted more chapters up lately I've been working on the so I hope you enjoy, And just a shout out to NicoleRayne. Thanks for reading my book and everyone reading should check out hers too!

Chapter 14: The Letter

     I was so upset that I didn't leave my room, I didn't eat, didn't move and in general didn't do anything at all. I just sat on my bed staring at the wall. I felt so alone in this place, and no one could break me out of it. The sun went down so fast, in less then seconds the day was over. I wanted to sleep but was afraid too, and after hours or trying to sleep I finally did.

     "Lucas please." I said

     "Adrene don't do this."

     His wings were so beautiful, a gray colour and as I came closer I saw the damages.

     "Pareph?"

     "Scream for me." Julia whispered and I couldn't breathe. The rain was falling on my skin and it felt so good, a kind death.

     "Aunt Lisa!" Her body so cold, and you could still see the terror and hurtful betrayal in her eyes.

     "Adrene I have to go." Said Lucas without looking at me.

     "What if they come?" I asked scared.

     "I will protect you, I will do anything to keep you safe." Lucas said pushing my hair behind my ears.

     Pareph came closer, so did Camron both bearing daggers. "Please...." I said silently, but they still came forward. They lifted the daggers above their heads and then the daggers came down on me but I didn't move.

     (Gasp) I breathed deeply as I woke up. It was two in the afternoon the next day. My stomach growled and I decided to get out of bed and grab something to eat. I came into the kitchen and opened the fridge pulled out an apple and sat down at the table. On the table in front of my eyes was Lucas' jacket.

***********************************(Lucas)**********************************

     I've been in Ireland for an hour now and they haven't showed. Was this a trick?

******************************(Adrene)*******************************************

     Adrene picked up his leather jacket and a letter fell out.

     Adrene,

     If you are reading this that means I am gone. You need to understand that I left because it was becoming too dangerous. You are safe now that I am gone. Please don't make it harder than it already is.

      Lucas...

     Adrene took the letter and riped it in half. She didn't want to be safe if it mean't he wouldn't be here with her. She got up and threw the letter in the garbage, but when she opened the garbage she found another letter addressed to Lucas.

     Adrene read the letter over and over. She finally dropped the letter grabbed Lucas' jacket and ran upstairs to get dressed.

     Lucas,

     you are a fallen this we know, we also know of your Adrene. If you come back to Ireland and help us we wont's kill her, but if you should refuse she dies and so do you. If you help us she will be safe. Be in Ireland tomorrow by one o'clock at the church with the angel statue, if you are not there we will kill her.

     Hunters...

     Adrene found out all the information about Ireland and where to find the church. She made her way to the nearest airport and boarded a plane, the only thing she brought was the info she needed and Lucas' jacket.

     It was about an hour and a few minutes to Ireland, so when Adrene got off the plane she looked at the map she had printed to the church.

****************(Lucas)************************

    I was growing impatient with them. It was now three o'clock and they still weren't here. Just as I was about to leave they had shown up, wearing hunter's gear.

     "Lucas, you weren't leaving were you?" Asked the woman of the group, she was wearing a hooded vest not revealing her face.

     "No." I said firmly.

     "Good." She said.

     "What questions do you want me to answer?"

    "Wait you fallen. It isn't that simple."Said the man beside the woman.

     "Excuse me?"

     "You are coming with us!" Said a man in the back.

     "You said-"

     "Boys." The woman said and waved her fingers, then a man stepped forward. I began to run and I heard a gun shot, a calming pain in my arm began. A tranquilizer. Everything went blurry and then I saw nothing.

*******************(Adrene)*******************

     Adrene turned the corner and saw the church with the angel statue. She touched its delicate stone feet, and sighed. "Lucas..."

     Adrene had circled the church twice now and still had no trace of Lucas. Adrene put on Lucas' jacket because it started to get cold. "Lucas? Lucas?" She kept repeating but still no sign of him.

     "Hello." A deep voice said from behind Adrene.

     Adrene turned around to see a man with a black outfit. His hair was white but he didn't look old and he had a blue eye and a green eye. His head was coked to the side as he looked at Adrene. She walked back slowly and he came forward. He put a hanker chief to Adrene's mouth and she fainted. The man picked her up and carried her off to the black SUV around the corner.

     Adrene woke up in a dimly lit chamber. The walls were cold stone and around the front was hard rustic metal with  a huge lock,and the small window was barred. Outside Adrene saw more stone walls.

     "Top a the mornin' to ya." Said a voice in the darkness. The man she'd seen this afternoon came through to the light, and Adrene backed up to the wall.

     "Where am I?" Adrene demanded.

     "Ireland, my name is Peter and you are?" What was with this guy? I was in a prison and he was asking me my name?

     "Adrene, and where am I exactly?" Adrene asked clinging to Lucas' jacket.

     "The sanctuary." Peter replied.

     "Great," Adrene said sarcastically, "And the sanctuary is...?"

     "It's-" Peter began, "Ha looks like he finally woke up." Peter pointed to the window and behind one of the walls across the grass were wings.

     "Lucas...." Adrene said clinging to the bars of the window.

****************(Lucas)**********************

     I was in a roofless chamber, I could see the sky but couldn't reach it. I had chains on my hands and feet, so when I opened my wings to escape this roofless prison I was pulled back.

     "Hello!" Lucas yelled. "Hey! Get me out of here!"

     Every time I moved the chains left harsh red scrapes on my wrist and ankles. I shut my eyes and gave up, there was no use.

     "Lucas." A woman said. I opened my eyes and jolted up as she opened my prison. I tried to get out but couldn't make it more than a few feet. The woman came closer wearing a red hooded robe. She came to my wings and I hid them.

     "Show them." She commanded.

     "No!" I said trying to see her face. "Who are you?"

     "My name," The woman said as she pulled the hood off, "is Sarah."