Chapter 15: The Pain

(Adrene)

      Lucas was here too, but that means I'm held captive by the hunters.

      "What do you want with me?" I asked as I came closer to my prison doors.

     "That," Peter said as he came closer, "Is for me to know and for you to find out little lady."

************************************(Lucas)**************************************************

     The woman Sarah had brown hair and cinnamon brown eyes, she in someways reminded me of my Adrene. "Why did you bring me here? You wanted answers and then said you would leave me alone." Lucas said with anger in his voice.

     "No we said Adrene would be left alone, you are a fallen and we have unfinished work to do." Sarah said with a smile as she pulled out a tiny arrow.

      "Ha, a baby arrow is supposed to scare me?" Lucas laughed but Sarah came closer and opened her robe that held maybe 12-20 tiny arrows in it.

     "They should, you see the tips they've been dipped in the blood of hunters. Do you know what that means?"

     Of course Lucas knew, the blood of hunters burned angels just as the blood of angels burned hunters. But the burning sensation was not like a normal burn it was worse then sticking your hand into a fire, the feeling of pain was extreme. If the two types of blood were too mix between two people, the angel and hunter would become one with each other. Each having one another's abilities, which was also dangerous. Few survived if the amount of blood was too great. "Yes I do." Lucas replied.

     Sarah came closer to me with the arrow,"Now let's get started."

************************************(Adrene)*****************************

     "Let me out!" Adrene kept yelling but no one came. Adrene screamed until her voice gave out. There was no use in yelling because no on would come. So Adrene sat down in the middle of the cell and just prayed Lucas would come.

      "Here's your dinner." Said a man that looked like a medieval squire.

     "I'm not hungry." Adrene said starving.

     "Eat, don't eat. You'll just die faster if you don't." The man said as he slid Adrene the plate with vegetables and bread. Adrene ate the food and hear cries of pain, but words of bravery.

     "Come on! Do it--." Another cry of pain. "Come on!" It was Lucas, they were torturing him!

     "Lucas!" Adrene yelled from the window.

 ****************(Lucas)************************

     "Had enough?" Sarah asked as she plunged the tenth arrow into Lucas.

     "No...." Lucas replied trying to brave this burning pain throughout his body.

     "Fine then, another marking?" Sarah asked and Lucas didn't reply.

     Lucas had arrows all over him, from his legs to his chest. Sarah had done two markings; one was a cross on the right side of his chest and the other was a tribal marking meaning fallen on his shoulder. This time Sarah took the blood dripping arrow and made a feather on his other shoulder, a symbol that represented hunter of fallen.

     Lucas cried out in pain, it was a burn that was greater than fire, but with Lucas healing fast it transformed into a scar.

     "That should do for now, but I'll be back tonight and I'll want answers."

     Lucas fell to the ground feeling as if he had just been ripped to shreds and had acid thrown onto him.  "LUCAS!" Someone yelled, but Lucas thought he was delusional. He couldn't make sense of anything.

*********************(Adrene)***********************

     "Lucas!" Adrene yelled but there was no knowing if he heard her.

     "He can't hear you little miss." Said a voice behind Adrene. She turned to see Peter at the cell door, "Oh don't look to upset that I'm back." Peter smiled.

     "What do you want with me!!" Peter sighed and shook his head.

     "Camron!" Peter yelled.

     Adrene felt nervous as she saw Camron step closer to the cell. He was wearing dark clothes and has a huge belt that must hold his dagger.  "Hello Adrene..." Adrene backed up slowly as Camron came in.

     "Wh, What do you want with me?"

     "Just a few answers." Camron said coming forward, Adrene was trapped.

     "I won't tell you anything." Adrene said.

     "Yes you will." Camron said aggravated, and slapped Adrene across the face. "Why are you helping him?"

     "What?" Adrene asked.

     "Did he promise you something? Is he trying to get to us?"

     "What are you talking about?" Camron pushed Adrene to the ground. She hit e head hard against the dirt floor. Camron came closer to her and asked again.

        "What did he tell you?" Adrene didn't answer. So Camron grabbed her by the throat and threw he at the metal cell door. Adrene couldn't feel any part of her at the moment.

     "Tell me!" Camron yelled but Adrene stayed quiet without a word. Camron took out a dagger and cut the palm of her hand.

     "Ahhhh..." Adrene cried out in pain as her blood poured out of her cut and onto the dirt floor.

     "Camron that's enough, I'll deal with her." Said a woman.

     Adrene lay down in the dirt as Camron left and a woman came in. The woman came down to Adrene and took her hand, but Adrene pulled away and moved back.

     "Who are you?" Adrene asked.

     The woman removed her hood and looked up at Adrene. Adrene looked up at the woman with shock. "Mom....?"