Chapter 16: Family History

     "Don't touch me." Adrene yelled as her Mum came forward.

     "Adrene,"

     "What's going on?" Adrene asked staying away from her Mum.

     "You're so grown up."

     "Stop it! What's going on? Why are you here?"

     "Adrene, your father and I are hunters."

     "No!" I yelled.

     "You are too."

     "You're lying,"

     "No I'm not sweetie."

     "Don't call me that! You left me!"

     Sarah sat on the opposite side of the cell and explained. " We didn't leave, we just wanted to keep you safe."

     "From what?" I asked.

     "From them, the fallen. We wanted to keep you away from them."

     "You're lying! They aren't evil or bad, but you... you are."

     "No sweetie I'm not. We need to put these damned creatures back to hell." Sarah says calmly.

     "No!"

      "You need to stop it. You think you're in love, but you're not. It is a lie!"

     "Shut up! Let Lucas go! Kill me."

     "No, not yet sweetie." Sarah slapped Adrene and knocked her out.

     Adreme woke up with an excruciating pain in her arm. She saw her wrists had metal chains that were set in stone. Were her shirt was on her shoulder there was a hole, she could see what was causing the pain. There was a mark that was still faintly bleeding, and that mark was a feather. She could move her hands far enough that she could trace her fingers over the throbbing wound. Adrene wasn't wearing Lucas' jacket anymore it was on the opposite side of the cell.

     "Mum? Lucas? Peter? Someone let me out please.."

     "Adrene...." Said a man.

      Dad? This was too much to take in, Adrene just couldn't handle it anymore.

*********************************(Lucas)*******************************

     I woke up feeling dead, my wounds had scared but they still faintly burned. I wounder when they will be back? Lucas looked around trying to mount an escape. He was chained to a wall, that limited his options. He could---.

     "Good evening Mr. Dust."

     "Sarah." Sarah had changed her outfit. This time instead of her hair down it was up in a ponytail, and her clothes had changed. Instead of her blood red cloak she wore a black long sleeve with black jeans, but that wasn't the only new thing. Another new attribute was Sarah's belt, it looked relatively normal but as she came closer you could distinguish the belt had a feather design and the belt held weapons. Weapons of torture and hunters gear; daggers, those arrows, and a flask of hunters blood. ( It was a dark brown, obviously not fresh but still just as painful.)

     "I told you i would be back. So now I want you to answer a few questions."

     Lucas looked to the side and snickered. "You still think I'm going to tell you anything you want to know? You are pathetic." Lucas spat at her.

     "If you do not we will kill her." Sarah said in a tone that showed she wasn't kidding, Lucas gulped.

     "What do you want t know?" Lucas said clenching his jaw.

     Sarah smiled, she had won. "How do you blend in? How is it people cannot distinguish human from ang--, from fallen?"

      Lucas shook his head. "You don't get it do you? We are human, we are in every-way a part of humanity. Why should we hide? Why should we blend in if we aren't different?"

     Sarah gave Lucas a foul look and spat in his face. "You are NO human, you are a demented and atrocious race. So answer the question, how do you blend? How is it no one knows what you are?"

     " We aren't vampires, or demons! We don't need to blend in, and we don't need to hide from humanity because we are humanity!"

     Sarah shook her head. "This should loosen your tongue." Sarah came to Lucas and cut the palms of his hands. "Don't make me ask again."

     Lucas couldn't see past the point of her not getting this. Angels don't need to blend in! So Lucas gave her what she wanted to hear. "Fine when around human angels hide their wings, their "beauty". We try not to bring any attention to ourselves we don't want them to notice our differences. Only few notice us."

     Sarah smiled. "That's more like it."

     "Yeah," Lucas thought, "because it was all bull."

     "How did your intoxicated race come to our planet?"

     "No one really knows."

     "Lies!" Sarah said loudly bearing the dagger to Lucas' throat.

     "TRUTH! I don't know! One day I just woke up in a lake. I didn't know which way was up or down. So I swam and I eventually found the surface, I came out of the water in jeans and a t-shirt but I had wings. It was like a baby. I then realized who I was, an angel. That's it, no one knows how we came here!"

     Sarah didn't seem to believe Lucas' story, she believed they came her to contaminate our world and take over it. She moved on anyways. "Why is it your wings are gray, and other's are pure white?"

     "Did you ever think that maybe I don't have the answer?!"

     "I thought about it for a second but only a second. So come on why?"

     "I DON"T KNOW!"