Chapter 18: The escape and meeting with God

To all my readers HERE IT IS! The next chapters in the story, I know I haven't written in a while so I thought I would give you these chapters I have right now, I've made you wait long enough. Well I hope you guys love them and comment, vote! I'll dedicate, comment and I'll take your suggestions on how to make my story the best it can be!

Love you all..... will be working on the next chapters...... Artist1923

Chapter 18: The escape and meeting with God

     I was free but they were chasing me, they hand no faces. "Lucas!" I screamed looking in every cell. Then I came to a cell where Lucas was. His wings were bone, feathers everywhere. His face was strong and his eyes black. He was dead, "Lucas!" Adrene cried out into the gray sky.

     Adrene woke up at what time she didn't know.

     "Good morning sweetie." David said holding a tray of food.

*******************************(Lucas)*******************************

     Lucas woke up to see Sarah waiting at the edge of his cell. "Morning, we start early today."

     "Bloody well back off. I don't have the answers you want." Lucas replied.

     But Sarah didn't care she still tried. "Where can I find the rest of your pack?"

     "We aren't wolves we don't live in packs. We run into each other once in a while, that's it." Lucas said.

    "Thank you." Sarah said and cut the side of Lucas' cheek.

     "The hell!" Lucas said.

     "Would you go to heaven to save Adrene?"

     "Why? Lucas asked.

     Sarah stabbed Lucas again. "Would you! Would you save Adrene and go be in heaven again?"

     "I would but only for Adrene." Lucas said calmly.

     "Good I'll call the priest." Sarah said stabbing Lucas again.

     "Wait, what?" Lucas asked confused.

     "Adrene will be killed if you do not. I don't want to kill you Lucas and I cannot, for it is not my destiney. So to get rid of you, I must send you to heaven."

     "No," Lucas said firmly.

     "Fine Adrene dies tomorrow."

     "Alright." Lucas said heartbroken. "I'll do it."

     "Splendid, he should be here tonight." Sarah said smiling and left.

     Lucas was heartbroken to leave but if it was to save his true love he would do anything.

***************************(Adrene)***********************

     "I'm not hunry." Adrene said.

      "Eat you're going to see your mother."

     "I'm not hungry." Adrene said pushing the tray of food away.

     "Fine then let's go."  David unchained Adrene and took her to a room down the hall. "Wait here." He said and left.

     Adrene didn't think of running everywhere she looked she saw big bulky men (guards). She looked around the orange room on the walls were pictures of David and Sarah, some of Adrene as a baby. Then on the other wall there were framed pictures of feathers with names. "Pareph." Adrene backed up and hit the bed, on the bed was a black t-shirt, black jeans and a belt that looked as if it was supposed to hold something.

     "Adrene Sweetheart." Her mother said as she entered the room. "I see you've seen everything. This" Sarah pointed to the outfit, "is yours."

     "Mine?" Adrene asked.

     "Yes, you can put it on in the bathroom." It was weird having my mum being kind.

     Adrene went to the bathroom and put on the outfit along with Lucas' jacket.

     "You done?" Sarah asked.

     "Almost." Adrene looked out the window and saw no one. She quietly opened the window and jumped, She landed in a crouch position and ran. She saw ruins of stone walls, but which one was a cell? Which one was Lucas' cell? Adrene couldn't think she could already hear the hunters racing through the sanctuary to get her.

     Adrene ran and saw two men chasing her,so she ran faster. She felt as if she was in a maze, running from wall to wall looking for an escape. Adrene finally stopped behind a large stone wall, but she couldn't stay much longer because the two men would be here soon. In fact they were standing meters away.

     "Bloddy well give up already!" Said Peter.

     Adrene tried to get up again but fell right back down. Soon enough Peter had knocked her out.

     I woke up on a dirt floor, my head pounding. I groan as I sit up in the darkness. I can see dim light in the distance, damn I'm back in my cell.

*********************************(Lucas)*******************************

     It was dark even though I had two torches of light in my cell. I looked down at the dirt floor, there was broken arrows and arrow heads, feathers and traces of blood.

     I still had my mind on the escape, but I was going to heaven there was no need of escaping. to save her I would do this, I just only wish I was sitting with her tonight instead. But I would watch over her as I was in heaven.

     The door to my cell opened and Sarah and a man in white walked in.

     "Lucas we are ready." Said Sarah. "This is Priest la rose."

     "We shall begin." Said la rose.

     The priest took one of the torches and lit a fire on the oil he had put down. I was in the middle of a circle.

     "Oh our lord, our God," Spoke the Priest. "Take back your gift, for they must be redeemed, Lord take this soul to you in heaven..." The priest would repeat the same lines over and over until I slowly began to rise.

     "Goodbye Adrene," Lucas whispered and then he heard it, her voice.

     "Lucas!" At first he thought it was his mind but her soon realized it was real. Her voice broke through the Priest's words. Sarah's eyes widened, They have her!

     "Lucas!"

     "Stop!" Lucas yelled. "Stop!" But the Priest went on.

     Lucas needed to break free so he opened his wings and started to fly. He had the chains pulling him back, but he had to keep going. Adrene's voice broke through his cries and instantly he was free.

    "You are a guardian." A deep voice said.

     Lucas flew high hearing as Sarah screamed to get him. He had to find Adrene before they got to her.