Chapter 10: Satin's servant

     I saw Lucas after class talking to Julia, we talked but then went to our other classes. The bell sounded for lunch and Julia was sitting with Lucas smiling, laughing and twirling her hair.

     "That is super hilarious! Oh hey Adrene." Said Julia.

     "Hey, uh Lucas do you want to go out for lunch?" I asked.

     "Love to." Lucas replied.

     "Ok well I have to go back inside and get my bag, meet me right here?"

     "Alright." I nodded and walked back inside I turned around to see Julia laughing again. So I grabbed my bag and came right back outside and that is when I saw it.

     Lucas was standing there hands on her waist, and Julia her hands wrapped around Lucas' neck and in his hair. I could feel myself starting to cry and I ran, Lucas must have seen me once he stopped kissing my best friend because he called out my name.

     "Adrene, wait!"" I didn't stop, I never wanted to see him again. He wasn't an angel he was Satin's servent.

     I finally stopped running  near a bench by the cafe. I didn't want anything to eat I was too upset. I crouched down put my head in my hands and began to cry. The sound of something buzzing in my bag went off, it was my phone. I flipped it open to see a text message.

    "Adrene where are you?" It was from Lucas.

     I threw my phone in my bag and wiped my tears away. I took a deep breath, "I am so stupid." I got up and walked around trying to understand it.

     Did Lucas ever actually love me? Or was it to get to Julia? Was he even an angel? Or just a demon? Julia, was she my friend? Huh no, she was a backstabber and I don't even want to know her. No I don't want to know either of them!

     I came back to school and I felt as if everyone was staring me down. It was as if every eye was on me, glaring with nauseating looks. Finally someone broke the silence.

     "Adrene, wait let me explain!" It was Lucas, I broke from their stares and rushed to English, lucky for me the bell rang and Lucas couldn't say anything else.

     During class I didn't look back at Lucas I just kept my head facing the front of the classroom. Just as the bell rang I escaped before anyone, and when I reached my locker there stood Julia.

     "Hey friend, I hope you're not mad that Lucas finally chose me over, you."

     I smiled sarcastically. "Julia what do you want, you never even liked Lucas."

     "Ha, you actually believed that." She smiled and looked away. "I didn't like that he liked you, but you knowthat's changed now that we're uh, together. I'm happy!" She smiled so big that I thought she was going to swallow her face. Julia walked off and I followed.

     "What about Brent? Are you going to dump him now that you're "Happy?"

    "Adrene, sweetie, no." She opened the doors to the next hall as the bell rang and went to the bathroom, we obviously weren't going to class.

     "You know Julia you're one of those girls. You'll date anyone and everyone. Do you even care for Brent or Lucas?"

     "Adrene, I LOVE Lucas."

     That hurt and I had a lump in my throat that wouldn't go away.

     "I love him. I thought you did too? I mean you do don't you?" Julia wanted me to say it.