Chapter 20: The trick of death

Happy Halloween Everyone!!! Here is your treat chapter 20, I hope you guys love it! Sorry it is a day late... XD

Chapter 20:The trick of death

      "Let go of me!!!!" Adrene cried out to her father.  "He is dead!"

     "No he isn't," Said David calmly.

     Adrene cried letting the tears fall softly onto her cheek, they had been sitting like this for ten minutes. Lucas hadn't moved and he wouldn't but no one could grasp that, not even I. I would look over at his body thinking he was just sleeping hoping he would awake to save me but he didn't.

     "Come on wake up you filthy fallen!" David said impatient.

     I lifted my head up trying not to breathe to much because the blade was tight. I looked at Lucas his eyes were closed, his hands and limbs sprawled out across the floor, and on his shirt was a red stain but that didn't catch my attention his lungs began to move.

     "Finally." David said, and Adrene watched in confusion.

     Lucas' body began to move faster and faster until. (Gasp) His eyes shot open but his eyes weren't just electrifying, they were fire. His eyes were tiny bright green fires full of fury. (ps. his eyes actually look like fire.) He jolted up touching his wound and looked over at Adrene who was in shock and scared.

     "I thought you might have actually died." David said. "Come any closer and I'll kill her."

     Lucas looked at me and at David,  then at me and then at the dagger. "Let. Her. Go." His eyes becoming larger.

     "No." David said.

     Lucas approached the cell door and opened it enough so he could get through. "I said no closer." David said firmly, but Lucas came closer. "I said to stay back!" I could feel him becoming weak and shaking. Lucas came closer again. "NO! CLOSER!" David screamed as he slowly cut my throat, the pain killed.  I felt all that blood coming down my neck. Lucas stood still and backed away slowly.

       I tried to turn so Lucas wouldn't see me crying, but also to whisper to my father. "Dad I'll do it, but I need your dagger." David looked at me for a moment but released.

      "I trust you Adrene, I knew you would become a great hunter." I nodded and stood up slowly watching Lucas as he watched me now with confusion. David handed me the dagger and I nodded walking slowly to Lucas.

     "Adrene," Lucas said as his eyes became normal but sorrow filled. "Adrene don't do this." I let a tear slip from my eye.

     "Die you fallen!" Said David a few feet behind me.

     "You never loved me," I said and Lucas looked at me trying to speak but I already made my move and it was to late for words. David stood behind me with the dagger in his heart, the blood staining his shirt. He looked at me and said, "No I didn't." He fell to the ground and his eyes rolled back. I pulled the dagger from his body and placed it in my belt, I ran to Lucas and held him close.

     "For a second I thought you were actually going to kill me." He said with a great deal of relief.

     I crashed my lips to his and pulled back, "I love you Lucas."

     "I love you Adrene."

     "Lucas we need to get out of here before more come back," Lucas nodded and they ran out into the weaponry. Lucas grabbed a dagger  and arrows, he threw me another dagger and we left. "Lucas people are coming." Lucas held me close and we hid behind a wall.