Chapter 13: Scream for me

     It was almost eight o'clock and the rain began, Lucas and I put on Titanic. I was crying as the ending came and I looked over at Lucas who was sleeping. I turned off the movie and draped a blanket over him.

     I went to the kitchen and then door bell rang.I answered the door and saw no one, so I stepped  outside a little more and saw a person in the driveway. I squinted and realized it was Julia covered in blood.

     "Julia!" I ran through that puring rain and got soaked. I knelt down beside Julia who was crying.

     "It hurts, hurts so... much." She said. Her forehead was bleeding as was her arms and her shirts was stained with blood.

     "Come on Julia, come one let's get you in side." I put Julia's arm around my shoulder and started to drag her up the driveway.

     "Adrene,"

    "Yes Julia."

     "Scream.........." Before I could even think of what she was talking about her hands grasped my throat. "Scream for me." The blood was washing off of Julia, fake.I couldn't breathe and just as I started to black out Julia released her grip. Out from the rain walked a man who I thought was Lucas, I was mistaken.

     Coughing and gasping for air I caught a glimpse of the man. He was tall and lean but muscular. He wore a t-shirt and jeans.

     "Thank you Julia, your work here is done." He said in a tone that sounded calming. Julia nodded and walked away but before she left she kicked me in the stomach. I doubled over in pain gasping yet again. The man came over and crouched beside me. "So you are Adrene."

     "How do you know my name?" The man slapped me with his rough hand, and it left a stinging pain.

     "Shut up, now you will do as you're told." I lay there silent. "My name is," The man spoke, "is Pareph."

     "But you, you sent that letter to Lucas. You're an angel?"

     Pareph smiled, "Yes I am an angel, Fallen to be exact, and I did send that letter."

     "Then why are you here, doing this?" I asked trying to get up but Pareph clicked his tongue and shook his index finger. "No, no."

     "Why?" I asked again.

     "Well let's just say I got an offer I couldn't refuse and all I need is Lucas. That's it and you're going to help me."

     "No." I said deeply.

     "No sweetie you are going to do this because if you don't, " He pulled up his shirt to reveal a dagger the same type as Camron had. Hunter. "Well you get the picture right?"

     "No!" I spoke louder.

     "Fine then." Pareph came closer and pulled out the dagger I started to run for the door but he was to fast. He grabbed me and put the dagger to my throat, so unoriginal.

     "Don't worry I'm not going to kill you, yet. No, no Lucas will be there to see it." He whispered. As he pushed me to the door I felt the dagger get closer and closer to my throat. "Now, open the door." I opened the door and we walked in. I shut the door with a slam and Lucas jumped up. I began to cry slightly and Lucas' eyes went wild.

     "Adrene-" He took a step forward and Pareph's grip tightened.

     "No closer." Pareph said.

    "Lucas...." I said.

     "Shut up!" Pareph yelled.

     "Pareph? What are you doing?" Lucas asked.