Chapter 12

I lay in my bed at home after an entire day at the hospital. I was discharged early this morning with pain killers and anti-depressants and some kind of pill name Mezolam. Apparently, this pill would help with my so called 'amnesia'.The doctor diagnosed that I had Dissociative Amnesia. Which is when a person lost some of their memory due to traumatic incidents. They also did a blood test on me to see if I had contracted any STD or STI. Before I left The hospital they dressed my bite wounds and told me to come back every three days to get it dressed again. My skin looks disgusting and unbearable and I cant wear fitted tops because it will only slow down the healing process.

My dad and two members from the police station also came to me in the evening yesterday, They wanted to question me to see what happened on Tuesday but I let them know I cant recall anything. My dad made it his job to make sure a detective was on the case. So now everyone that I had contact with on Tuesday are probably brought in for questioning. 

It was now Thursday evening and I was home alone. There were hundreds on top of hundreds of miss calls from the girls and texts from numbers that I didn't know and people who I haven't talked to in a long while.  Most of the texts were asking where I was and if I was ok but not one text or miss call was from him. 

A soft knock on my door brought me out of my gaze. I was steering at the phone ringing in my hands as Lexi flashed across the screen. 

Putting down the ringing phone on the night table I opened the door to find Luther awkwardly standing, scratching his head back as he looks up at the ceiling. 

"yes?" I dully asked.

"Oh, hey katelyn" He shyly mumbled.

"Hey, how you got in?"

"Your sister balcony facing mine and she left the door unlock"

Damn idiot. 

"Well?" I asked.

"I was just seeing if you're alright"  

"I'm fine" I mumbled while closing door.

"Wait!" He yelled and I paused.  "I wanted to keep your company" 

I stood there cant believing he was so so brave and determined. I closed the door, walked away and headed back in my bed. 

I was still waiting for Levi text or call when I heard the soft knock on my door. 

"Go home," I told the person behind the door, somehow I know it was Luther.

won't"  He replied.

"Then leave me alone"

"I can't " He whispered but I heard him. 

"Why?" I asked. 

"Because you're not happy"

squinting my face I asked "So?"

"I want to make you happy"

"If you leave you would," I told him.

"I know you wouldn't be happy" 

"What do you want" I groan out frustrated. 

"To stay with you until someone is here"

"If I ignore you will you leave"

"Nope" 

"lets see" 

I heard when something moved on the ground and then there was a groan.

"Your floor might be pretty but it's very uncomfortable for my butt"