Chapter 26

Read Chapter 25 on Hinovel! A special chapter of Luther's POV and what he discovered.  Click the link!

https://enweb.hinovel.com/h5/down/en.html?user_id=392458&invite_code=EN8ETM&lang=en&deepLink=https%3A%2F%2Fpullnew.onelink.me%2F699V%2Fc9818d10%0A

'I'm outside', it reads. This was the
twentieth text I've received from him. My finger scanned over the text on my phone as I contemplated if I should reply or not. My heart was telling me to text him, to let him know where I am so that he could come get me. It would feel nice to just be in his presence, even if it was an awkward and painful one. But, my mind told me to ignore it, let him go and move on. Go back to that awesome Katelyn that everyone miss. Go back to a purposeful pitiless life  and stop living like a sad loner.

Go out, get some friends, get a guy and move on because...He has sky

I tried running my hands through my curly knots to relieve tension from my body. I sat on the ground and took up a pebble and throw it into the river watching it skip across the water before it finally dropped in.

If only my life was fictional, If only I was just a mere character in a messed up book; I could probably go back a few chapters and rewrite my life...I would go as far as before I ever met him. I would stop my self from dating Levi and maybe I would keep my distance from him too.

I watched as another pebble skip across the water; a pebble I didn't throw.

"What are you thinking about?", a familiar voice startled me. I swiftly turned to the side to look at the intruder. The handsome intruder that was fidgety  fixing his glasses under my taunting gaze. His hair was disheveled  and wild, beads of sweat was running along his forehead. His clothes was damped and slightly sticking to his body. He looked paler than usual in an unhealthy way; he was also slightly panting and a sweaty odor was emitting from his body. In all he was a hot mess.

"Nothing" I replied in a monotone. I looked away and returned my eyes to the water that was now appearing to look darker than when I got here a few hours ago.

Why was he here? Don't he has boyfriend duties to full fill?

I wasn't his friend in the first place..It takes more than a few shared car rides and a lunch date to be friends; besides, we have bad history.

"Look" He mumbled flexing his wrist as if he was trying to find words through them. "What you saw today.."

"..Has nothing to do with me" I added surprising my self. I didn't want the guy I was in 'love' with to tell me he was romantically involved with a girl I know. If that was the reason to his presence he can save it and leave.

"I know but I think you.." He continued.

"..And I really don't wanna hear about it. It's not my business and I don't want to go there" I concluded. By this time I could literally feel the pain and the sting in my eyes.

"Ok"  He mumbled. I took deep breaths trying to keep my tears away while looking into the sky preventing any betrayers from falling. But the entire scenario of his lips on hers haunts me and the fact that he came all the way here to rub it in my face feels like a real B****.  I stood up, realizing that today is one of those stubborn tears day. I have to realize that I need to get out of his eye sight as quick as possible before I crumble before him.

When I stood a few tears escaped and I hastily walked into the river and held my head under water crying. When I felt like I needed air I lifted my head up and pretend to wash my face.  Putting a brave face on I turned to Luther and smiled.

"You should wash up too, your a bit stinky" I told him. He smiled at me and begun taking his shirt off ;turned around and gave him privacy as I prepare to leave. whipping a few more tears and clearing my nose I turned back to look at him smiling at me in the water.

Please stop smiling, your making it harder for me to forget about you.

I meekly smiled back.

"Wow this is so refreshing" He exclaimed, "Maybe I should start taking my baths here"

"Maybe" I mumbled trying to smile again.

"But then again that would be very unhealthy, thinking about all the bacteria in this water.. Just....Ughhh"

"Mmhh" I mumbled this time. "Luther I have to go my mom is expecting me soon"

Just as I said that his face dropped and his body went stiff.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yea.." I looked at him, "My dad is having guess for dinner tonight" I told him walking out of the water.

"Ok wait up.."

"No its ok, I need an alone time anyways" I reassured him.

"OK" He mumbled.

When I left Luther there, I left him in a broken state with a broken heart in a broken lie. Since then it has been two weeks since I last saw him. Now here he was in front of me in an even more awkward situation.

 Readers using android mobile app won't be able to see all the words. I don't know why but I guess it's a wattpad technical difficulty.