Chapter 24

"Life is a cycle of ups and downs"

Ain't running from myself no more,I'm ready to face it all.
If I lose myself, I lose it all.

"What the hell happened in there?!!" My dad yelled on the top of his voice as soon as we closed the door to our house.
"Honey lets talk about this later" My mother whispered placing her hands on his shoulder trying to relax his tense posture. He closed his eyes and took numerous deep breaths in, his face was red and filled with fury and his fist went white in a clench. Taking steps back towards the stairs I planned in disappearing from the scene before he took out his range on someone.

As I entered my room and slowly close the door I couldn't help but rest my back against it. My world was crumbling right before my eyes at my feet and there was nothing I could do about it. Now that I'm not in levi's presence or anyone the tears rolled down my eyes and flow like a river. The water works, the hiccups, the sound of a pig whaling never stopped as they left me.

I was so happy and relieved that Levi was charged guilty for rape. I was so happy I wont have to deal with him or anything related to him I was so happy that I finally did what was right.

I turned my head to look at the nightstand by the bed and saw my phone blinking. Getting up I wiped my face and cleared my throat before answering the phone.

"Hello?" I asked. I waited for thirty seconds before I repeated again "Hello?" I look on the phone screen to see the call still going. I slowly crawled back to my bed with the phone on my ears. "I don't know if you can here me but I cant hear you so i going to hang up" I spoke.

"I can hear you" A soft husky voice whispered. The British accent was so thick I almost didn't understand what was said. 

But my heart leaped  when I recognize his voice.

"Luther?" I asked not believing who was on the other line.

"katelyn" He replied in that same soft husky British accent.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled into the phone as tears of guilt and joy rolled down my cheeks.

"It's ok your forgiven" He reassured me. 

"And thank you, for being there for me that night and the other night and now. for forgiving me" I smiled.

"mmh" H mumbled, "How are you feeling?" He asked?

Is this really Luther?

"fine?" I cautiously asked. 

Did I fell asleep? Is this another dream?

"Well good to know, I hope everything turns out well for you, bye" He told me then hang up shortly.

~

Monday came by quickly and unlike usually I didn't want to leave my bed, I didn't want to go to school. In fact I'm beginning to hate the idea of going to school. 

"Mooo-m " I groaned, "I don't want to go to school"

"Katelyn" She spoke firmly giving me that look that I knew not to go against, "Go get dress now, I'm leaving in 10"

"Why are you carrying me to school where is dad? And Dylan" I finally asked realizing that only Cathryn, mom and I was around the dinner table.

"Dylan is at school" She told me not making eye contact. That was enough for me it wasn't like I cared anyways. 

I ran up the steers and took a quick shower, I blow dried my hair and wore a fitted black leggings and a gray turtle neck sweater with a white Jordon . It was autumn and it was getting cold. 

The car ride to school was quite except for my mom telling me that I would have to start driving my self back to school and how my weekly allowance would be 50 dollars shorter. I guess this is what happens when your parents find out your a little slut.

"It's Katelyn" A girl whisper.

"She was the girl who got raped?"

"Apparently levi did it"A voice snared with sarcasm. 

"She sent levi to jail? What a bitch"

"Who do she think she is?"

I walked faster passing by the calculating cunning eyes of my school mates. They all glared at me, pointed and laugh.

"Slut"

"Whore"

The words were carelessly thrown across my face and they stung at every spat. Before I turned the corner a box of white milk was thrown directly in my face. I staggered back a bit and held my breath while closing my eyes. A felt a bit dizzy and my eyes stung. Milk was running all the way over my face and down my shirt. 

The entire school started laughing.

"Who came on her face" A guy laughed, I recognize that it was the basket ball team captain.

"I did" Another guy laughed, "I did" another joined in. Before I knew it there was a number of 'I did' chorus around the hall. I looked at all of them, every guy I've ever slept with and for the first time I felt disgusted with my self. 

I started running to the back of the school pushing pass people to clear the way.

"Awe look at that don't cry" The swim team captain cooed. It was the same girl that I throw Joe Ann coffee on. I glared at her holding in my tears at bay before I roughly pushed passed her and her crew.

"I have an extra t-shirt that I can give you!!" She yelled.  

I made it to the school back in one piece. Yes I was a mess but at least I didn't completely fell apart back there. I leaned against the wall and slid down trying to wipe the milk off my sleeve when I saw two person on the opposite side of the school sitting by the garden laughing. The girl looked up and saw me and that's when I recognize that it was sky. Her hair was fully brunette and curls going down her back as she leaned her head against Luther's shoulder. He was looking down at her head that was now resting on his shoulder. 

She looked at me, we held eye contact for a brief moment before she Kissed him.

Sky was kissing Luther. He was kissing her back.

I grasp covering my mouth just as the tears started pouring out along with my bleeding heart. He turned around and saw me, fright took over his face as he looked me up and down. 

But I couldn't stand there so I just run.