Chapter 38

Dedicated to MarinaLuzCosta for being a supportive reader.

School was fun. Wow I never thought that I would say that for the first in a long while.

"Why are you so happy!" My mom laughed.

"Well I met four new friends" I smile, "We are all cats" I laughed as I remembered our conversion to the lunch room.

"Meng Is apart of the cheer leading team, she is also a cat like me flexible playful and kind. Did I tell you she loves anime and Korean drama!" I squeal!

"Wow your soulmate" mom mused.

"I know right!!" I yelled as I turn to look at her "Jimmy is the sleepy Cat, he takes naps like every fifteen minutes mom. When I asked him why he said because he hunts during the night like a true wild cat" I laughed.

"Mike is lazy and smart. He literally a porridge mom. He complained about walking to the cafeteria! Even tho its on the other side of the building and you have to climb about thirty stairs and walk across a bridge to get to the other side."

"Jade" I dreamily told mom and she laughed.

"You sound in love" mom mocked as we drive through chick-fill-A.
"Of course I am!" I exaggerated "they are my first real friends since high school" I rolled my eyes.
"Anyways Jade was a bad cat" I laughed. "She's hardly friendly and a bit pessimistic but once you feed her she sticks to you Like a paper to ink...literally. She also has this 'your the servant' feel to her but that's just her"

"Time to order Katy baby" mom told me as she reaches the window.

"Wedges and nuggets with a sprite flavour drink" I yelled.

"Burger number 2" mom told them as she paid with her card.

"You see moving on is not  that bad" She smiled then rubbed my hair to my leg.
"It wasn't bad at all " I interjected
"I'm glad you like it I should of moved you sooner from that incident but they told me you couldn't transfer in the middle if the semester." Mom told me frowning.

"Thank you mom" I smiled.

~
We got out of the car while eating. I know bad table manners but who cares we were home.
As soon as I exist the car we saw Luther sitting by the door steps. Looking up he jumped to his feet as he meet my mother and I.

"Hello Mrs. Page " he greeted my mother and she offered him a smile before walking to the door.

"Katelyn" He whispered looking at me, "I heard you transfered at school today"

I smiled, "yea and I love it there" I told him.
I was no longer upset with him, I missed him too much.

"I'm so sorry" he told me fixing the glasses on the bridge if his nose.
"I'm sorry for what sky did to you, I thought she was a friend" he told me.

"How did you find out" I asked confused.

"We were in Japan for a month-" my smile dropped I could feel the anger and betrayal boiled in my chest as all the possibly reason flashed through my head at light speed.

"In a physics competition" He completed. I was still hurt but tried to hide it.

"She was drunk because we lost and confessed" He held my hand and It was then I noticed that I was crushing two wedges in my hand.
"I'm sorry I never told you about Japan. That dread full night" he frown and I knew what he meant, "that assignment that sky and I worked on was for the physics competition in Japan, in one week they contacted the school and told them that we  came 27 out of the thirty students they were accepting world wide. I wanted to tell you so bad but the timing was off with the rumours and everything and when I tried gaining your attention you avoided me...so I thought that I should give you your space..I was leaving that weekend and I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to see you off" he told me sadly.

"Its OK Luther" I told him honestly from my heart.

"No its not, I need to come clean with you" he told me holding both of my hands, "they took our phones as we reached the campus where the competition was held  to prevent cheating and stuff and they only made us use admission phone to call our parents twice a week"

Smiling I looked at him.
"Luther everything is perfectly fine....I'm glad your apologizing I'm glad that you didn't actually leave me"

"I would never leave you Kate believe me. I couldn't tell you about our parents because I was ashamed and I didn't want to loose you_" he croaked.

Is he actually crying?

I looked through his glasses and saw how foggy his eyes were. I laughed.

"For the last time it's fine!" I yelled.

He walked into me and rest his chin on my head. I could hear his breathing and it seems as if he was smelling me.

"You change shampoo" He stated and I blush.

"I like this one better, I like this you better" he told me referring to my hair color and body mass.

"Me too" I told him.