Take Me Away

Rubbing the palm of my left hand slightly, I attempt to move my legs, but they have turned to stone. Everyone else in the room is focused on one another, drinking and laughing and I can't help but feel left out. Sighing, I slowly make my way upstairs and onto the roof, the cold breeze brushing against my shoulders, and the faint sound of music and laughter from downstairs. It's quiet up here, just the way I like it. The snap of a branch brings me back to reality and I hear a familiar voice shout out and I groaned.

"What do you want?" I yell, annoyed.

"I just wanted you to know the cops are coming, so I would head off." Mark, my ex addresses me with that signature smirk, which I hate. I adjust my legs because of the pins and needles and stare at him. His smile slowly turns into a frown, and he starts to walk away.

'Whatever.' He mumbles. The police sirens wail in the background and I hear the window opening and I whip around to see who it is. Lauren. As he turns around, her magnificent green eyes takes me away to a dream able land. . I hear voices yelling Lauren's name but when I turn to her, her face is emotionless.

As the voices gets closer, I see that Lauren is starting to panic. What has she done? Suddenly the window bursts open and I am frightened so much that I scramble away, but my hand reaches the end of the roof and I feel myself falling. I feel free in the wind, not a care in the world as I descend. I hear voices shouting, they sound like Mark's and Lauren's. But Mark's voice sound terrifying, while as Lauren's is caring, not as much emotion is showing. Just as I'm about to hit the ground, two strong arms pull me into their chest, and I hang on for dear life. My eyes are squeezed shut and I feel my feet touch the ground and a clam voice telling me it's all right. I open my eyes and see Lauren standing over me.

'But- you were on the roof? How-'I start to drown her in answers, but she puts her fore finger on my lips. Then I hear Mark's and the sheriff's voice. They sound astound, but with a hint of knowing, particularly in the sheriff's voice. The realization hits them and the sheriff turns his chubby body around and hoarsely yells to his other officers.

"Run, with me' Lauren whispers in my ear. She takes my cold hand and starts sprinting into the woods. My short legs can't seem to keep up the pace of Lauren's long legs, and my chest feels like it's on fire, but I keep running because something is ticking in my mind and if stop running, It might stop.

We run for a few more minutes, until we are out of the woods and she stops, and lets go of my hand. It instantly goes to my chest, as it heaves big long inhales and exhales. My eyes look up to her and I open my mouth to speak but she crashes her lips onto mine and the tender warmth makes me forget what she has ever done. We break after a few seconds and she sits down on the edge of the cliff, her legs dangling. I copy her, and put my head on her shoulder.

We sit like that until the sun comes up and I fall into a peaceful slumber.

________________________________________

A/N- This was one of my drafts from an English assignment so i decided to use it. Its from a snippet of the movie 'I Am Number Four'