The Everyday Girl

Every single day.

Like clockwork, every day at 9:30 am you would head on the bus heading towards Ledgemount Heights to arrive at your first class at 10. And when the bus made it's first stop, the same girl would also hop on, greet the driver with a warm smile and walk down the isle; sitting down in the seat in front of you. Everyday. Somedays she had a book in her hand, others she just had her earphones. While other passengers boarded the bus and sat down trying to make small talk with each other, the girl just sat there listening to music, quiet as a mouse. The strange part was that any time you took your eyes off her; either to talk to someone or daydream out the window she would disappear. Whether she moved seats to the front which was out of sight or get off at a stop, it was like she wasn't even there.

Until one day, when as usual you hopped on, went to the back and sat down. You waited your respected time, when the girl would usually come on but this time she didn't. You look out the window. at every seat but she was nowhere in sight. Disappointment flooded your body, the feeling of a dark cloud floating over you, making you gloomy. Every day, whether you knew it or not, that girl made your day. Just having someone you recognize being at the same place as you every day was slightly comforting.

You decided that you shouldn't worry about her; it was just one day, she was probably busy. So you open your textbook to the next page and begin to read. Concentrating hard on taking in all the information from the book, you didn't even realize someone had sat next to you and was fiddling with the straps of your bag.

"You look cute when you're concentrating like that." a voice stated, scaring you so much that you jumped in your seat. Your glasses fell from your face but the voice reached out their hand to catch it. "Sorry to startle you but you really do."

After putting your glasses back on and adjusting them, you finally look over to meet the owner of the voice. Long black hair, emerald green eyes, plush red lips. It was the girl. The everyday girl. The same girl who boarded the bus greeted the driver and sat in front of you. There she was, actually talking to you.

"Are you okay?" She spoke again, leaning in, trying to read your face. You were frozen, staring at her like a statue.

"Whe-Where did you come from? I thought you weren't on the bus today." You mumble in surprise. The girl just laughed and squirmed in her seat.

"You've been watching me heh?" She asked teasingly, causing you to blush bright red.

"Uh-no, no I just meant-" You fluster but was interrupted but the girl placing her index finger on your lips.

"It's cool. I was just teasing you. I'm Lauren." She takes her finger off your lips and grabs your hands, squeezing them lightly. "So, do you have a name? Or are you a mute?"

"Y/N. The names Y/N." You reply, becoming comfortable with the situation. "Why are you sitting next to me? Like not to be rude or anything but you always sit in the next row. You don't really talk much-at all in fact." Lauren just shrugs her shoulders and smiles at the old lady who took a seat in front of her.

"I read somewhere that I should be more adventurous, take more risks, say yes more often. So I walked to the next stop instead of going to my usual one and I'm talking to you, which to be honest took a lot of guts." She stops talking and looks down at your textbook. "Biology huh? I love biology." You look down as well and groan quietly.

"I hate biology, but I have an exam next week and it counts towards 50% of my final grade." You were low-key stressing about it, as it was your worst subject.

"Well, I could help you if you'd like." Lauren offers. You nod your head furiously, loving the thought of you and her hanging out and the extra help would help hugely.

"That would be great, thank you." You exchange phone numbers and start talking about other stuff. It was amazing that you could talk to her like she was your best friend or a sister. Soon enough, the bus rode up to the stop near the school, meaning that it was time to hop off. Packing up your stuff, you give Lauren and sad smile.

"This is my stop. See you soon?" You ask hopefully.

"Yeah, I'll text you the details. See ya." She waves to you as you descend the steps onto the grass and you wave back before turning away in the direction of your school. As the bus pulls away from the curb and back onto the road, your phone buzzes, indicating a text message. You look at it and smile.

'See you 'round Stalker ;)'

A/N

I might make a sequel to this, where you actually study together but end up making out or something. How would you feel about that? Also, I'm pretty sure that this is the 1 year anniversary of this book! Thank you for everyone's support, especially sugasivan for keeping me inspired.

QOTD-  Cold winter or hot summer?

AOTD- Definitely Cold winter lmao