Burglar

You and Lauren have been lying in bed all day, watching Netflix and eating popcorn. It's the first time you've done that for months, with Lauren being on tour and you having your final exams. Suddenly you hear a loud bang, from downstairs.

'What was that?' You ask. You're a paranoid person, and you can't help it, you just always think of the worst.

'I'm sure it's nothing.' Lauren replies, and sneaks her hand behind your back. You shrug her off and sit up on the bed. Another loud bang erupts from downstairs

'I'm just gonna check it out.' You say, nervously. You grab a bat from underneath your bed, and slowly tiptoe out of the room and down the stairs. You can feel Lauren's presence behind you.

'What is this? A stapler?' A deep voice asks. Lauren's hand grips onto yours and you start to feel sick. You can't handle situations like this.

'Who cares, just grab stuff and go. I'm going upstairs.' Another voice, this time croaky and scrawny. You hold your breath, and get ready to swing the bat when he turned the corner. Footsteps are heard, and as they come closer your knuckles turn white.

When the footsteps get to the corner, you take a deep breath and swing around the corner, but the bat is grabbed halfway by the attacker and snatched out of your hands.  The attacker comes around the corner, grinning. He is wearing a black shirt, black shirt and a ski mask on his face.

'You just made a mistake.' The man chuckles. He swings the bat at you at lightning speed but before it hits you, you are thrown back and Lauren comes into view. She is hit by the bat and crumples to the ground. The man realises what he's done and yells at the other attacker to leave.  They run to the door and speed off in their car.

'Lauren! Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!' You whimper. You cup her face in your hands and brush a loose strand of hair away. A big red lump is forming on her forehead. With tears filling up your eyes, you go through your contacts and find the 4 other girls you love dearly.

(bit of a time lapse)

'No Y/N, she'll be fine. You did your best.' Normani comforts you. You cry into her sleeve and Normani hugs you tight. You feel a slight stir in the bed and whip your head over to see Lauren's eyes open.

'Phew! Lauren I'm so glad you woke up!' You exclaim. Squinting, she reaches her arms out and hold them. That warm feeling erupting your system and you grin.

'All I want is you, baby.' She whispers.

''Me too.'