Valentines Day

Valentine's Day.
A day of love, of passion. For most people anyways, you on the other hand were not a big fan. You've never really had a person to share it with, so you really never had a reason to celebrate it. But this year was slightly different. You had a lover, a beautiful woman who treated you like the best. Lauren, oh Lauren. But having a lover doesn't mean you were suddenly going to celebrate the day.

A week leading up to the date, Lauren persisted on taking you out somewhere fancy, as she had just received her license. You denied, still a bit wary about the whole 'date' thing.

'Come on Y/N, just come out with me.' Lauren would say. 'I don't get how it is any different from any other date night.' You still shrugged your shoulders and continued to study.

'I'm still getting you something though.'

That conversation was a week ago, and on the 14th of February, Valentine's Day, you spent the morning getting ready for your presentation you had in English. You were sitting at the back of the room in home room going over your palm cards, silently mouthing the words. The rest of the class was talking loudly to each other, the teacher desperately trying to regain control.

Suddenly, a knock on the door silenced the room as every head turned around. Your head was still down, flipping through the cards. You didn't seem to notice the person at the door until a hand was tugging on your sleeve.

"Pfft, Y/N."

You look up and realise the whole class was staring at you. Walking through the desks was a young boy, carrying a pink letter and a ukulele. He set the pink letter down on your desk and signalled you to stay still.

"This is for a special lady, from a loving girlfriend." Strumming on the ukulele lightly, he clears his throats and begins to sing.

Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you

The boy nods his head towards the letter as he continues to sing and you pick it up and start to read. Written in red ink, It said;

Y/N,
You are the reason I am still breathing, yet sometimes you take my breath away. You are a quiet, but beautiful human being, who never ceases to amaze me.

You have this passion about taking in every small detail, and you take it and create something beautiful out of it.

I love looking at you, I love the way you feel. I love that you are human, and that even though you may make mistakes, you are perfect to me.

They say you fall in love only once. That is a lie. Every time I look at you, I fall in love all over again.

Now, my way of words may be strange, but let you know that I love you, that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I would never trade you for anything, even life.
To infinity and beyond, I'll love you.
-L

You stared at the letter for a few short seconds, your eyes tearing up slightly. The boy had finished the song, and was now standing in front of you, waiting. The whole room was quiet, silently waiting as well.

"There's something else." The boy said, so you followed him outside, to the front of the school. He lead you around the corner of a building and you remember this spot distinctly. This was where you and Lauren shared your first kiss.

You gasp softly as you turn the corner and put your hands over your mouth. Standing under the tree, was Lauren. She was wearing a beautiful sundress, a bouquet of flowers in her hands. As soon as you made eye contact, her eyes lit up and a big smile erupted on her face. She started to walk towards you, taking big strides. The boy from before had disappeared, leaving the pair of you alone. Lauren hands you the flowers and you thank her.

"I know you don't like to celebrate Valentine's Day but I wanted to show you how wonderful it can be. You don't have to be afraid of showing affection, not anymore. I love you Y/N, more than anything in the world. Even chicken nuggets." You share a chuckle as she takes your hand in hers. "Happy Valentine's Day baby."

"Happy Valentine's Day Lauren, I love you." You bring your lips up to hers and together you share another moment you won't forget.

A/N
Omg I wish someone would do this to me that is so cute! But anyways, happy Valentine's Day everyone, especially my internet valentine Akirah1234 Btw I literally wrote this in 20 minutes because I was so obsessed with this idea lmao.

QOTD-Do you have a Valentines?