Holding Cell

"Whyyy!" A loud voice erupts from the corner of the room. You look over to see a small girl, with long black hair with a grey beanie. She is also wearing long jeans and a red flannel. She has her head in her hands, rocking herself slightly.

"what did you do." You ask, walking over to sit near her, your legs tired of standing. You have been in this cell for well over an hour now, but the girl only came in 10 minutes ago. You were meant to be picked up ages ago, but your friends are some what 'busy'. Sucky friends you have.

"I was protesting against the pipeline that was going to pass through standing rock reservation. It was a peaceful protest I don't get why the cops decided to be aggressive about it." She explains, going into details about the situation. "What about you?"

You paused, trying to figure out a way to explain it.

"Got into a fight at a party. Cops came and everybody ran but one." You point a finger at yourself. "And my stupid ass friends won't pick me up." The girl nods understandably, lifting her head up to reveal her beautiful structure. Her eyebrows were perfectly arched, her eyeliner carefully applied.Her nose ring glittered in the cell light and her lips were full, her teeth slightly biting. The girl looked around 19 or 20 and as more time passed you realised that she looked familiar. You just couldn't put finger on it. "Anyways, I'm Y/N."

"Lauren. What a way of meeting. I mean, in a holding cell." She chuckles, pulling a strand of hair behind her ear and moves her beanie around. "I'm not usually this much of a downer, you just caught me at a bad time."

"Same." You agree, stroking your leg. You were becoming impatient, the feeling of being stuck somewhere boring as. It was quiet for a couple of minutes until you heard a faint noise from the girl. She was humming a tune.

"Hmm, I hopped off the plane at L.A.X with a dream and my cardigan...Welcome to the land of fame, excess whoa, am I gonna fit in..." Lauren starts to sing quietly, staring at a spot on the wall. She had a beautiful voice, soft but firm. She held certain notes, showing off her vocal range. It was amazing how perfect she was and she wasn't even singing loudly.

"Jumped in the cab, here I am for the first time." You join in, catching Lauren in surprise. She smiles as the pair of you sing the next line.

"Look to my right and I see the Hollywood sing. This is all so crazy, everybody seems so famous." You fade out and bite your lip, amazing. Lauren nods her head, impressed.

"You have a beautiful voice." She moves closer to you. She is about to say something else but the sound of keys jangling interrupts her. The cell opens and behind the officer is your roommate.

"Come on, let's go. America's Next Top Model starts in 10." she crosses her arms, impatiently waiting for you. You push yourself off the seat but Lauren reaches for your hand.

"Wait. Let me give you my number." She pulls out a sharpie and begins to write on your arm, slightly tickling you. "Call me." As you walk out of the cell, you turn around and wave at Lauren, who waves back and smirks. What was that about? It wasn't until you reached the car and started the engine that you realized who she was.

Jauregui. Lauren Jauregui.

A/N

I'm sorry about this one. I kinda rushed it. I found this new website a couple of weeks ago called ilys.com and it's where you can write whatever you what but you can only see the last letter that you typed. You can set a word count and when you reach it, you can go and edit and add more stuff. It really helps me focus on just writing instead on reading it back over and editing all the time.

QOTD- What fandoms are you in?

AOTD- lmao countless. Doctor who, Sherlock, Gilmore girls, fifth harmony, Percy Jackson, teen wolf, shadow hunters, pretty little liars (many more I've just forgotten them all)