Sleepless Nights

This was requested by @ljmc97 I hope you enjoy! If any else has requests I'm more than happy to do them as it seems to be the only way I can write atm.

2:14am
The light from your clock strains your weak eyes as you stare across the room. The stillness of everything only adds to the enormous amount of exhaustion you feel all over your body. Sleep has never come and it never will. Not until Lauren comes back home and is sleeping sound next to you.

The emptiness of the bed haunts you, the comfort slipping away every time you try to fall asleep. You miss her body, you miss her warmth. The comfort that came with Lauren is evidently missing and like an addict, you were left needing more.

You roll over to face the side of the bed that Lauren should be laying in, but instead look into the darkness. 4 months its been. 4 months without Lauren's kisses, without her hugs. Slowly but surely, you were immensely craving her touch and it was killing you. You haven't been able to have a good sleep since the night she left.

The first couple of days were alright. You could still smell Lauren's perfume on her pillow, the smell of her shampoo. It gave you enough to fall asleep, but every day since then the smell started to disappear, which triggered the sleepless nights. You would stay awake for hours at night, forcing yourself to go to sleep but your body would not let you.  It was only when you collapsed with exhaustion that you fell asleep.

Lauren is currently on a tour around the world with the girls of Fifth Harmony. You were so proud of her for reaching that accomplishment but the sacrifices she's made to her friends, her family are huge. As well as not seeing her for 4 months, she hasn't seen her family.

You reach blindly in the dark for your phone, which laid on your beside table on charge. Unhooking it, you drag it across till it was in front of your face. You open up the message app and type in a message

'Miss you so much baby, have you found out when you can take a break?'

A couple of minutes later ; which felt like forever your phone buzzed and the screen lit up.

'Not sure hun, I'm so sorry. Missing you heaps too. Love you xx'

Sighing, you toss your phone to the side and lay on your bed. The same answer, every single time. Like you haven't heard it enough.

You spend the rest of the night tossing and turning, until the sun comes back up and forces you to get out of bed. The bags under your eyes have made a place to stay and your limbs have begin their daily routine of aching. How long you can do this, you have no idea, but you hope it's soon.

The next night isn't much better. As you prepare to go to bed, which just means doing anything to avoid laying in bed, you sense a unfamiliar feeling. Something feels off, but you don't know why.

You continue to distract yourself from going to bed, but as you ran out of things to do, you realise it's time to face the music. But just before you lay in bed, your phone buzzes with Lauren's ringtone blaring. Without a thought, you grab the phone and hold it up to your ear.

'Lauren?'

'Y/N! Hey babe, how are you?'

'Missing you, that's what. How was the show last night?'

'It was fine, as always. Anyways I have a surprise you for, it should be arriving on your doorstep about now.'

Your nose scrunches up and your eyebrows furrow as you hear the door bell of your apartment ring. 'What's going on?' You casually make your way to the door, the phone still pressed to your ear. Lauren just giggles and encourages you to open the door.

So you do. And what a surprise it is. Standing there, in the flesh, is Lauren. Lauren fucking Jauregui. You instantly drop your phone and throw your hands around her, taking in her smell and touch. You feel her warmth as well as her skin and you dig you head into her shoulder.

"I've missed you so much." You mumble into her shoulder, squeezing her harder. "You have no idea."

"I feel exactly the same way, don't worry." Lauren reaches her hand around your shoulder to touch your hair, her soft fingers just playing. "I've been planning this since we left. I'm so sorry for not telling you, I just wanted it to be a surprise."

You pull away from Lauren and take her hand. Walking back into the bedroom, you lead her to the bed and climb on. You wait for Lauren to take her shoes and jacket off before pulling the covers up to your chin, Lauren's arms wrapped around you securely, with the other one rubbing your back gently. You feel your eyes fall heavy with sleep but this time, your body isn't resisting it.

"Doesn't matter now, all that matters is that you're here."