Baby problems

Today marks 8 months of your pregnancy and you and Lauren have never been happier. You are having a girl and you have decided that the baby shouldn't be controlled by a colour, so instead of having the stereotypical pink room, you and Lauren are going to have a rainbow room, so your daughter can have access to all sorts of colours. The room is basically completed, excluding one of the walls which needs to have stickers put all over it.

Lauren is out at the moment at the shops getting grocery, while you have been on bed duty. Your stomach is huge, causing pain everywhere especially your feet. As much as you would like to rest, you feel like you should be doing something. You have done nothing for the past week, while Lauren has been your little slave.

Looking up from your phone, your eyes scan the room. A little parcel catches your eye and you remember that the stickers came in the mail yesterday.

"Maybe I could help out a bit and put some stickers up?" You say to yourself as you slowly get up from the bed, making your way over the parcel. You are hesitant for a second but then continue, knowing that doing this will ease you from your guilt. Your daughters room is the next room over so the walk wasn't too long. In no time, you are there and the stickers are out of the packet. On the table beside the wall, the plans on where the stickers are going to go are just sitting there, like it was left there for you. You pick it up and scan it quickly before getting to work.

You have nearly finished putting all the stickers up except for one, which has to go at the top of the wall. It's a picture of a swan, carrying a baby by it's beak. You were the one to pick it out and you are happy on how it looked in real life.

"One more Y/N. You can do it." You pull out a small stool from it's spot near the door and position it under where the sticker needs to go. Taking a deep breath, you slowly put one foot up, testing your weight. You feel fine so you continue, putting your other foot up. You remove the clear wrap on the sticker and position it millimetres away from the wall. It is too far down so you go onto your tiptoes to reach the spot. Suddenly the stool underneath you gives in and you fall to the ground, hitting your head hard. Your stomach lurches and sends shooting pain through your body. Groaning, you roll onto your side and try to reach your phone from your back pocket. Dialling Lauren's number, you whimper in pain. She picks up on the first ring.

"Hey  babe, what's up?" You let out another whimper and Lauren starts asking you questions. You are in too much pain to answer so you tell her to come home now. "Omg I'm on my way, stay calm honey. Stay on the phone and take deep breaths."

You do as she says until you hear the front door open and multiple things crashing to the floor. Lauren yells your name and you try to yell back. She finds you in the floor and looks around the room in search of what was the cause. Her eyes land on the stickers on the wall and she gives a sympathetic look.

"Babe, you tried to put the stickers up? I told you I could do it, it was okay." She crouches in front of you and pulls out her phone, dialling 000. "Does your stomach hurt? Oh god, what if the baby is hurt?" You try to move but Lauren holds your shoulder, telling you to stay put.

"Hello? Yes, my girlfriend is 8 months pregnant and she's had a big fall and her stomach is hurting, like really bad." She gives the operator your home address and stays quiet, while the operator tells her what to do. Lauren lays you onto your back and grabs a pillow to put under your legs. After realising the pillow is not enough, she picks your legs up and put them on her shoulder.

"The ambulance should be here any minute now babe, hold on you're going to be okay." She lightly squeezes your feet as she continues to talk to the operator. With the searing pain still coursing through your stomach, the ambulance arrives and rushes through the house, following the calls of Lauren. They carefully lift you onto a make shift stretcher and carry you out of the house and into the ambulance. They ask Lauren if she wants a ride and she says yes and hops on, after locking the house up.

The ride was slow and painful, every road bump they went over making the pain flamed up even worse. The ambulance officer asked you a bunch of questions, and it was getting harder and harder to answer each question. You felt weak and the man questioning you could feel that so he stopped asking question. Lauren gave him the rest of the information as the ambulance pulled into the hospital. Waiting at the ER doors were many doctors. They pull you out of the ambulance car and wheel you through multiple hallways, their voices blurring in your head.

*******

After many tests done, you are finally put into a visiting room, where Lauren immediately rushed in. You assured her that you were fine, and that the anaesthetic they had given you was working. Lauren lets out a small breath, still not relaxed though the results have not been calculated. You lay in bed with her for a couple of minutes, while Lauren makes phone calls to your parents and hers, addressing them of the current situation. As you told Lauren, you said that you were feeling better, that they had nothing to worry about. But on the inside, you were a nervous wreak. You would be devastated if you lost the baby, all because you didn't stay in bed.

10 minutes later, a doctor comes into the room and Lauren stands up and shakes his hand.

"Hello, I'm Doctor Mark. I've assessed your results from the scan and it has been concluded that the baby is safe and well." You and Lauren let out a deep breath of relief, all that anxiety leaving your body. "You do have a mild concussion though so we would like to keep you here for a couple of days to monitor you just in case something else goes wrong."

You fill out some papers and Lauren rushes home to get some clothes and other supplies. When she comes back, your give her a giant hug, rubbing her back.

"It's going to be okay. We're going to be okay."