Goodbye Pt.2

(Lauren's POV)

"Well, I love you babe, just remember that okay?"

"Okay, I love you too babe. Bye."

I hung up my phone and shoved it in my back pocket, the faint feeling of dread circling around in my stomach. I could feel that something wasn't right, that I should be worried about it but I couldn't figure out what it was. Y/N did sound a bit funny while we were talking, but I guess she just had a hard day. I made a reminder for myself to buy flowers on the way home to cheer her up.

After talking to the girls for a bit, I decide that it was time to head home, as it was starting to get late in the afternoon. I wave goodbye after grabbing my bag and I open the door, which greeted me with freshness. Being inside all day wasn't healthy, but I had to do it. How else was the album going to be made?

As I got into my car, the small dashboard read 3:00. Suddenly I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. The caller ID read Y/N, so I picked it up.

"Hey babe." I say cheerfully into the phone. The voice on the other side cough loudly, then the line went silent for a couple of seconds. "Y/N? Is this you?

"Um no sorry. I'm guessing you're Y/N girlfriend?" A women's voice could be heard on the line, her voice shaken with fear.

"Yeah it is, where's Y/N?"

"That's the problem, could you come down to Main street, near the post office, please? I really rather tell you in person than on the phone." That same feeling from before erupted in my stomach as I think of the many ways that could have gone wrong. Perhaps Y/N had just fallen and needed some help, or she dropped her phone.

"What? Is she okay?" I asked, but the woman just told me to hurry. The faint sound of sirens were heard before she hung up. I quickly start the engine and pull out of the carpark in the direction the woman told me. I took some deep breaths to try and calm my nerves but it was no use, my brain thinking of the scenario that was unfolding before me. Surely it was nothing, right?

I pull up down the road from where the woman on the phone told me, an ambulance blocking half the street. I run as fast as I can to where there was a crowd and I push my way through, screaming Y/N's name.

"Y/N!"

When I finally pushed through the crowd, I could finally see what was happening. Laying on the ground, covered in blood, was Y/N. She looked pale and her lips were starting to turn blue. Around her motionless body were three paramedics, who stood there doing nothing. My body trembled in shock as I tried to move, my legs turned to jelly. A woman, who was standing off to the side of the paramedics held Y/N phone and I assume that was the women who called me. As soon as we made eye contact, I could see her curl her lips into a sympathise smile and she walked over to me. I tried to meet her halfway but I just couldn't, my eyes focusing back on Y/N.

"Hey, I'm so sorry." The woman whispered quietly, her voice somewhat calming. Her hand rubbed my arm up and down as she watched me watch Y/N. "Someone stabbed her, then left her. I found her about 10 minutes ago but she was already dead. You can come see her if you want?" The lady linked her arm around yours and slightly tugged on it in the direction of Y/N's lifeless body. I followed, mainly because if I didn't then, I probably wouldn't have had the guts to do it later.

The paramedics that were standing above Y/N realized that I was here and nodded their heads in respect. I tried to smile at them but I couldn't find it in me. I kneeled in front of Y/N, and stroke a strand of hair behind her ear. As I traced a finger down her face, a singular tear slid down my face. A couple of seconds later, more appeared. Soon enough, I was gulping for air.

"I'm really sorry but we have to take Y/N to get examined for an autopsy." One of the paramedics put a hand on my shoulder and squeezed, trying to resolve any tension.

"Don't make me leave her, not again." I kissed her forehead lightly, the feel of her cold, damp skin on my lips. I took in her features for the last time, for as it was the last time. For what dragged on for a painful minute, the paramedic from before picked up Y/N and placed her on a stretcher, which had a body bag open and ready. More tears flew down my face, sight bearing too much. Turning my body a full 180 degrees, I threw up uncontrollably. But before I had the chance to throw up again, I lunged at the stretcher and held Y/N's hand. I squeezed it and made sure she knew those last words.

"I love you Y/N."

A/N
I hope you guys like this lmao. There might be a update next week but I don't know if I have to time. It's exam block next week and if you don't know what that is it's basically when the majority bulk of you exams happen. You only come to school if you have an exam but luckily I've only got 2 days worth of exams so we'll see.