Taco Cat (such a bad chapter name I'm sorry)

"Hey Honey, I'm home!" You shout, closing the door behind you. You drop your heavy bag onto the floor and it hear it hit the ground with a thud. Lauren hasn't replied yet, so that means she's either sleeping or playing music so loud in her eyephones that she can't hear anything else in the outside world. You call out one more time just to be sure. Suddenly you hear the faint voice of an angel. Her voice fades through the apartment and you sway to her soft singing as you try to find where she is. 

You check the kitchen, the lounge room and finally make your way to your bedroom, where the voice gradually gets louder. 

"Baby girl, what's your name, lemme talk to you, lemme buy you a drink'

You slightly press on the door and it swings open slowly, revealing Lauren with her back turned to you, and the small figure of your cat, Lord Tubbington. Now closer, you could hear the soft uncomfortable purs of Lord Tubbington and the giggles of Lauren as she keeps leaning in towards him. You walk into the room to catch a better glance. Lauren still hasn't noticed you so you take advantage of that and take out your phone. But you stop as you realise what Lauren is actually doing.

Dressed in a Superman costume sits Lord Tubbington, and as he notices you, he purrs louder, almost like he is begging for help. Next to him is multiple outfits; ranging from a sailors outfit to a cat in the hat outfit. It's almost too cute to handle and you can't help but let out a small 'aw'. Lauren instantly turns around, stops singing and gives you a giant smile.

"Hey babe, how was work?" She asks innocently like she isn't just dressing her cat up in cute outfits. You give her a vague response to how your day was and ask her why she's dressing up Lord Tubbington. "Well a couple of weeks ago I saw these cute outfits on eBay and I just had to buy them. They came today and I couldn't resist dressing him up. HE LOOKS SO CUTE THOUGH!"

"True... but he looks uncomfortable." You chuckle nervously. Lauren looks back at the cat, tilts her head and puts a finger up to her chin. She studies Lord Tubbington for a few moments before looking back to you and shrugging her head.

"He looks ok to me." She starts taking off the Superman costume off of Lord Tubbington and places it beside the other outfits. She pulls her phone out of her back pocket and taps furiously on the screen. Seconds later, your phone buzzes. 

Message from Lauren xx

You laugh at the photos coming through on your phone, saving each one to your camera roll

You laugh at the photos coming through on your phone, saving each one to your camera roll. Putting your phone down, you sit down next to Lauren's side and pull Lord Tubbington onto your lap. He starts to purr gently as he digs her head into your stomach. Lauren also leans her head on your shoulder and together the three of you sit there in silence.

A/N

I'm so sorry for not updating I don't know whats going on. I literally have no excuse and I feel bad about it but here's a short chapter that I really liked. I found the prompt on Tumblr and I thought it would suit this situation greatly. 

Take care, 

Jada xx