No Catching Feelings

"Would you rather kiss Brad or Austin Camila?" Ally props her elbows on the table and gives Camila a smirk. The younger girl's face scrunches up in disgust and pretends to gag. "Come on, you have to choose."

"I rather stab my eyes with a fork if it means I don't have to kiss either of them." Camila picks up a piece of carrot from her lunch and throws it in Ally's direction. As the pair of them laugh, their voices began to fade from your hearing as your eyes focused on a girl on the other side of the room. Her long black hair, her dazzling smile, everything about her was so perfect. But there was just one problem; she was Lauren Jauregui.

Out of all the gay girls in the school, you just had to catch feelings for someone who could not possibly love you back. The infamous Lauren. She was the definition of a rebel. She would pick fights; mainly about something related to current world events. She would smoke, skip class and spend her afternoons in either detention or at the local diner.

"Hey earth to Y/N," You snap out of your little daydream and see Camila and Ally looking at you for what seemed like a while. "Oh, glad you could join us once again. Answer the question."

You look at them in confusion. "What was the question?"

"Why are you looking at Lauren with those puppy eyes?" Your face instantly turns red with embarrassment, your motives caught. "Does Y/N have a crush on the bad girl?"

"What? No! I wasn't even looking at her. I was looking past her, out the window."

The girls shake their head in disagreement as Normani and Dinah join the table, taking the seats beside the flustered girl. "We saw you girl; you were eye-boggling her quite intensely."

"What's going on? Who is Y/N staring at?" Normani and Dinah ask, suddenly interested in knowing. Ally recalls the event and Dinah and Normani give each other a look that makes you feel anxious. "Really huh? Why don't you go and talk to her?"

"I can't do that! I'll make of fool of myself!"

"Yeah, but it'll be cute! Now, go! Before I talk to her myself." You look in Lauren's direction and watch her for a couple seconds. You feel Dinah nudge you so you get up and walk in her direction. Your legs feel like jelly with every step you took and your breath became short with anxiousness. You were about a couple of metres away from the table where Lauren was sitting at when your foot clipped the edge of another table. It sent you flying into the air, your hands spraying out in front of yourself. Your hands hit the ground before your face did, thank god, but you still close your eyes. When they open, you see a pair of black converse high tops.

"Are you okay?" A raspy voice asks concerned. You trace your eyes up the body of the shoe until you reach a familiar pair of emerald eyes. "Here take my hand." You are frozen in shock by her reaction, so you continue to stare at her. But you take her hand regardless, as the whole cafeteria was watching your exchange with the bad girl.

"I'm so sorry about that, I should just go." You stumble on your words as you brush yourself off. You turn to leave but a hand grabs your arm.

"No. Don't go."

Before you face Lauren, you make eye contact the girls; who are watching you with complete attention. Dinah waves her arm, physically telling you to get in there.

"Are you okay?" Lauren asks again and you nod your head. She releases her grip on your arm and steps closer to you. You can feel her warm breath against your cheek as she leans in to say something in your eye. "Have I met you before? You look familiar."

"I don't think so. I'm kind of a nobody so I doubt you would have." Lauren looks into your eyes for a moment and you suddenly feel insecure.

"No, I'm sure. Maybe if we hung out sometime I could remember." Your heart stopped beating and you felt like you could die right there. Lauren Jauregui, asking to hang out with you? "You did fall for me, after all."

"Uh...yeah sure." Lauren pulls out her phone and hands it to you. With your fingers fumbling, you put in your number and hand it back. She gives you a big smile which makes your heart melt.

"Cool. I'll call you sometime, okay? And no falling for anyone else, you're all mine."

You walk back to your table with a giant smile on your face.

"Told you that you could do it." Dinah is the first one to speak and you thank her. The conversation soon turned to something else that Normani was doing but once again you tuned out to glance at Lauren, who at the same time, looked over at you. She gave you a wink and returned to the conversation happening in front of her, while you just continued to watch her, hopelessly in love.

A/N

I finally finished this draft! I was stuck on how to end this (as always) but nonetheless, I've done. Also, I'm very surprised at the reaction to the last chapter. I thought no one would reply but a lot of people did! I also made quite a number of friends and found out some stuff about the readers (you guys!). So once again, thank you to everyone for your support on this book.

I'm currently in the process in writing a full book. It's obviously about Camren, what a surprise. I've been writing it for the past 6 and a bit months but its still got a long way to go but I can't wait to finish it and show you guys!

-Jada