Trick or Treat

"Come on Y/N, let's go!" Lauren and your 6-year-old daughter yells. They are bouncing around in the living room while you are putting on your costume. You were going as a strawberry, while Lauren was dressed as a pineapple. You weren't going to dress up but your daughter Cady persisted. It was a last minute costume but it matched Cady, who was dressed as a pumpkin Weird right? But she persisted, even picking out the materials for you.

"Okay, okay I'm ready!" You say enthusiastically. You take the pumpkin bucket from the table and handed it to Cady. "How much candy are we going to get tonight?"

"ALL OF IT!" She yells, throwing the bucket around. It was her first Halloween and sure was she ready for it. The three of you set out in search of houses offering treats. Luckily, just about every house in your neighborhood did trick of treating. 

You follow Cady up to the first house and stood by the stairs as she knocked on the door. Moments later, the door opens and a sweet old lady appears, smiling.

"Trick or treat!" Cady exclaims. The lady chuckles and asks Cady what she was dressed as. "I'm a pumpkin!" To prove her point, she spins around on the spot, showing off her costume. The older lady looks past her and at you.

"Your daughter is so cute. It's great that you're dressing up as well." She grabs a bowl from behind the door and lets Cady pick out some. She then wishes you a good night and closes the door. 

"That was so good Cady!" You address her, and she gives you a big smile. Her bright green eyes shine in the moonlight, just like Lauren's.  Cady runs back to Lauren and shows off what she got from the lady. Lauren's smile is also big as she takes her hand and leads her down to the next house. You catch up to them and take Lauren's other hand.

You spend the rest of the night going to house after house, Cady's bucket filling fast. It was about 7:30 when her bucket could not hold any more candy so you decided it was time to go home.

"Come on Cady, let's go home." Lauren softly tells her, ready for an argument but instead Cady nodded her eyes on the verge of closing. You take her bucket and Lauren picks her up, Cady digging her head in Lauren's head. She closes her eyes and soon, is in a deep sleep. 

"Well, it was about time." You say as Lauren rubs her back. You keep walking down the street, Cady sleeping peacfully in Lauren's arms.

A/N

Sorry that was so bad but I'm working on my other story 'Settle Down'. Go check it out it's pretty cool. Take care.