Marit McAdams.

When I saw the text my mom send me, I actually wanted to stay at Justin's. But my mom worked all day, so I was planning to cook for us. I unlocked the door and walked into the living room, seeing my mom on the couch reading a magazine.

"Hey mom." She looked up and smiled, sitting up straight.

"Hey sweetie, you had fun today?" I smiled and nodded, thinking about it today.

"Yeah, we went to the lake for a picnic. It was lovely."

"I'm glad you had fun." I smiled again.

This weekend didn't went as I thought it would be, AT ALL. It was WAY better than I expected, luckily.

"Shall I start cooking?" I asked.

"If you want to, I will help you in a minute." I walked towards the kitchen and started to look around.

What can I make, what can I make... I opened the fridge and saw some chicken filet. I shrugged and got that, cooking chicken isn't that hard. I looked further and saw some tomatoes, pickles, cucumber, lettuce, egg... salad it is. Now I only needed one thing, potatoes. I eventually found them and started to peel the potatoes.

"Mmm..." I heard behind me. I turned around and saw my mom entering the kitchen.

"Smells good, what are you cooking?"

"Just grilled chicken with baked potatoes and some salad. Just basic."

"Shall I make the salad while you watch the chicken and potatoes?" I nodded and continued cooking. After about, 10 minutes later, we were ready and ate.

"So..." My mom said when we sat in the dining room.

"I heard you and Justin get along very well." I blushed and looked down.

"The salad tastes good, mom." She laughed.

"Honey! I'm your mother!" I laughed.

"Okay, okay. And yes, we actually do."

"I can see it." I looked at her confused.

"How?"

"When you are happy or excited, you get this twinkle in your left eye, your face has more colour and the sound of your voice sounds different, in a good way." I smiled.

Moms know literally everything.

We finished eating, did the dishes together and watched a movie in the living room.