Chapter 2 • Hangover

Riddhima Gupta's P.O.V.

I thought uncle had a meeting and here he is making me his signature coffee. He is very nice for a businessman. I just hope I don't crash into Armaan Mallik. I know we are in his office.

"Oh by the way! We didn't even introduce ourselves dearie!" He chuckled while he pour coffee into two cups.

"My name is Raj Mallik and I'm the owner of this empire!" He said talking in a I'm-the-boss tone making me giggle.

"My name is Riddhima Gupta and I'm an a engineer who works in a small garage." I said extending my hand which he gladly took and shook it.

There are good people in this world, today only I realized it. I was so lost thinking about my past events that I never noticed him examining my bruise.

"Dearie...what is that!" He touched the burnt bruise on near my elbow making me hiss in pain. "How did u burn that part of your arm?" Worried lines appeared on his head.

My heart melted seeing the concern on his face which my own father never had for me. I felt like opening up to uncle Raj but the my inner voice spoke 'He is just a stranger! You don't open up to anyone Riddhima! Remember? You're strong!'

"Uhh...Nothing uncle! Actually last week, I was checking this engine of a car, when My arm touched it and as it was burning hot it really burnt me badly." I weakly smiled at him, trying not to let my tears fall out.

He seemed to by my lie and now he was telling me a few jokes, and my seconds my tears were vanished replaces by my laughter.

He kept on cracking jokes when a handsome hunk dressed in a rich black armaan suit with dull blue tie, his hair styled, said "Dad!". Oh my god! Armaan Mallik!

My heart skipped a beat as he kept on coming closer to us. Im feeling so nervous and shy, my whole clothes were stuck to my body tracing my curves. I've heard about his philandering ways but still his charm does work on me.

"Oh Armaan! Meet her, Riddhima Gupta! Thank to her I got here in time or else you would have to handle the meeting alone. She is an engineer!" Uncle introduced me Armaan while his eyes kept shamelessly moving on my whole body making me feel like I'm one of those girls who he bedded. Please stop looking at me like that!

"Nice to meet you...Ms Gupta!" He volunteered his hand for a handshake which I hesitatingly took not to make a bad impression on uncle about me or him.

"I-I think I should leave now uncle! I'm already late!" I tried not to stammer in front of him. He still was holding my hand in his tight grip. Uncle patted my head and left the kitchen leaving us two. I tried to take my hand out of his grip but he wouldn't budge. He was staring at me and I glared at him making him frown.

I pointed my eyes towards his hand and he quickly left my hand, looking down. I was about to leave when I was passing by him and he held my hand making stop. "Never walk away from me Riddhima, without listening to me!" He said in a low dangerous voice making my heart stop.

"It was nice meeting you Miss Gupta!" I felt him speaking in a low seductive voice, his dry lips touching my earlobe, his warm breath fanning the side of my neck. I was already shivering from cold, and now this man is making me shiver more from his antics.

He left my hand and went out the kitchen winking at me making me stare at him.

What did just happened?

*************************************

"Steve will I get my monthly salary today?" I asked my boss, the garage owner. He is a very nice friend of mine.
I hope I get my salary today or else I won't get food tonight. I have to pay for my food every month, to compensate for the money that was wasted on my food by paying all my salary to MY STEP MOTHER.