Chapter 20 • The Merger

Armaan Mallik's P.O.V.

Today, after two whole weeks, I was coming home! Back to New York! Back to my business world! Back to Riddhima!

I've missed her like hell in these two weeks! There hasn't been a single second where I didn't long to be with her. Neha was a pain in the ass the whole trip. She kept bragging about her shoes, her clothes, her money!

"Hey Annie!" I smiled sweetly at her as I handed my blazer to her. I gave her a side hug and walked inside to see Riddhima's Granny eating her meds and busy in her indian soap opera. I looked around to see if Riddhima was around but I couldn't see her anywhere.

I mean it 5:00 pm in the afternoon and its sunday! Its not like she is on work or something.

And where the Fuck is Rahul? I told  him to stick to her like a second skin!

Walking upstairs towards my room, I sat on my bed and took my shoes off along with my socks. I too my iPhone out of my pocket and dialled Riddhima's number.

After numerous calls, she still didn't pick up the call making me anxious and curious. Where could she be? And where the hell is Rahul Grewal?

Picking my keys up and wearing my shoes back again, I ran downstairs and ran into my garage.

"Sir where are you going?" Annie ran behind me with a worried look on her face. Turning my deaf ears towards her I took my car out of the driveway and drove towards Rahul's penthouse.

My anger is beginning to kick in as I keep calling Riddhima. Why the hell isn't she picking up! I hope she is okay!

I stepped out of the car and was about to walk towards Rahul's penthouse building when my phone rang. Who the fuck is calling now? I took my mobile out of my pocket and saw my dad calling!

"Yeah dad?" I spoke in an totally annoyed voice.

I know I might be sounding like a jerk right now but Rahul isn't answering my calls, I don't know where Riddhima is. I haven't seen her in two weeks! For god's sake! 

*********************

"Are you kidding me?" I asked dad who frowned at me and leaned back in his chair.

"Dad I can't do this? They can't force me to this just because you guys are merging companies.!" This time I screamed as loud as I can. Dad can't do this with me! This is my life and I decide who comes in it and who doesn't!

Shekar Singhania proposed a deal that I will never except!

He said the companies will only be merged if I marry his only daughter and the heir of their company, Neha. I mean come on she is a good friend of mines, that's it! Nothing more, nothing less!!!

"Keep your voice low Armaan!!" Dad glared at me as I rubbed my forehead.

********************

Riddhima's P.O.V.

"Ridz no!" Muskaan glared at me and ran around the whole living room cleaning up while I followed her.

"But why? Dad wants to see you?" I frowned at her while she gave me a you-know-why-I'm-not-going look.

"Come on Muski forget what happened last time!!!" I whined and sank my body on the sofa while she sighed and rubbed her temple thinking.

"Forget?" Muskaan let out a unbelievable chuckle and sat next to me. "Ridzi! I spent a night with that man by accident! He got me pregnant and now he doesn't even know who I am!" Tears rolled down her eyes as she looked at me putting her hand on her belly.

"I thought you got an abortion!" I eyed her suspiciously while her eyes widened and she looked at me with her mouth open.

Curiosity suddenly kicked me and I glanced her suspiciously. The colour was slowly draining from her face. She was looking everywhere but me.

Oh My God!!!

She never aborted!

"Muskaan?!" I whispered unbelieving while she closed her eyes and shed tears.

"I'm sorry I just lied to make myself believe that it was going to be okay!" She said as I angrily looked at her. How could she lie to me?

"Why would you do that? Muski?" I angrily shouted at her while she just rubbed her forehead.

"That day when I came to see uncle in the hospital, I was there for my ultrasound reports when I saw uncle.!" She said wiping her tears while I calmed myself down considering that all of this wasn't also easy for her.

"Yeah anyways you DO look fat!" I joked around trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

She chuckled and tossed a pillow at me. We were busy in our pillow fight when the door rang. Muskaan walked over to open the door while I collected my things.

I immediately turned around when I heard a gasp!

Rahul came in with a cheerful smile. Wait he didn't hear anything right?

"He is our ride!" I looked over Rahul's shoulder and told Muskaan who looked shocked and glared at me.

************************

"Hey grandma!" I walked into our room and placed my bag on the bed. She was knitting a sweater for me from the past two days.

"Hi dear! Did you meet Armaan? He is back!" She gave me a sweet smile making my heart stop.

He's back?

Oh my god!

Rahul said he loves me!

Is it true?

I mean.....

Arghhhh Riddhima stop thinking!

*******************

After a lot of thinking, I walked downstairs to the pool area. Annie told me Armaan was there. It is pretty for him to be awake.

My heart started racing as I neared the pool area. His legs were dipped into the pool and he was holding a bottle of wine in his hand.

"I can see your reflection you know!" He chuckled snapping me out of my thoughts. I walked towards him and sat next to him.

"How was your trip!" I asked him looking at him while he took gulps of his wine.

"It was okay....I guess!" He replied taking another gulp.

Why is he acting.....so strange?

"I AM GETTING MARRIED!" The next words he spoke shattered my heart into a million pieces.

*****************

Hey people!

I know it was a bakwas part and a short one! But i couldn't think of anything! School is starting again so i'll be a bit late for updates! This update was kinda filler!

Love humaira!