Chapter 5 • Crazy Family

Riddhima Gupta's P.O.V.

"Last night, Armaan Mallik was seen with a beautiful girl in his arms dressed in a white dressed! Unfortunately, we couldn't make out her face as the young lady was snuggling her face into his well-built chest and they were last seen driving off too his mansion. Is he still on his ways or is he changing?"

My head was spinning in full 360° in full speed making my mind go numb and my eyes blur. What am I gonna do now? What if Papa saw this? But doesn't show my face! So im still good as long as no one recognizes me.

Evening

I was cleaning the kitchen counter after making food for Grandmother and me. Grandmother had just finished her corn soup and took her medications. I hope she is sleeping by now probably.

I checked the time to see it was 6:15 pm and the swimming classes that I give to six to eight year old students were going to start. I teach swimming at the gym near our house.

I ran up to my room, grabbing the newspaper with me. I opened my closet and took out my swimming bag and out my one piece bathing suit in it. Kissing Grandmother's forehead I left.

**************

Armaan Mallik's P.O.V.

After the morning's fiasco, dad had been very angry with me and told me to stop with my casanova way or else my parents would end up in the hospital and soon down in the grave. Did I forget to tell you? After being a rich, modern family, my family is still a typical Indian soap opera dramatic family.

I parked my car in front of my parents mansion as today is the evening of our family dinner. Every month, we have a family dinner on the last Friday of the month.

"Oh my son! It's been ages I've seen you!" My mom hugged me, starting her usual melodrama. Oh my god! What am I gonna do with this family.

"Mamooooooooo" I felt soft hands crawl on my waist and instantly I knew it was my seven year old niece, Anaya. She was the daughter of my older sister Priya who was married to my best friend, Nithin.

"Naini my baby!" I picked her up and kissed her chubby pink cheeks. She and mom are the only reason I attend this boring monthly family dinner otherwise I would be somewhere drunk, making out with a girl or in my office.

*****************

"Wow mom the soup was so delicious!" I said while putting my bowl on the tray which the chef was carrying, collecting the empty and dirty dishes.

"Mom the daily news! Ammy was seen with a girl unconscious in his arms!" Priya smirked and shot me a devilish look.

Is she my sister or enemy?

"Armaan Mallik! How many times I've told you to stop playing with girls feelings?" Mom said furiously as the chefs came in with our dinner ready, my favourite Chinese food; black pepper chicken and garlic rice.