Chapter 19 • He LOVES You

Riddhima Gupta's P.O.V

I was sitting outside dad's room, like a lifeless body. All the energy had drained from my body. My ears were deaf and my eyes were blind. Only dad's words were repeating in my mind.

I just got a moment to be with dad but why? Why god? Why can't I ever get my happiness. From childhood my life had been full of sorrows.

************************

"We need to do some tests and as soon as we get the reports we'll get to know what is wrong!" The doctor explained to Rahul as I sat on the couch near dad. My step mom and sister were standing next to his bed looking at him.

The whole day passed and now it was night. Rahul had been here with me the whole time. Rupali and my step mom had come in the afternoon with their false tears. They had probably gotten glycerine in their eyes so they can create a dramatic emotional scene.

"Doctor! Can you at least tell us why he fainted suddenly? Like you might have some sort of idea?" I ran out and followed the doctor and Rahul came behind me.

"Listen Ms Gupta! I know you're worried about your father but I'm very very sorry, I can't really tell what happened to Mr Gupta!" He gave me an apologetic look making me frown.

"Just a question? Did he have any kind of stress? Because he does have high Blood pressure!" The doctor asked.

Dad's words slowly came in my mind on how he is doing his best to pay his debt to the Malliks and how he thought Armaan forced me to stay with him.

Armaan!

All of this is happening because of Armaan! He could've just easily taken the money from dad. Why did he have to involve me and put dad in more stress.

**************

"Are you okay?" I turned my head to see the owner of the manly voice. Rahul had his hand on my shoulder while he stood next to me.

It was 3:02 am in the morning and dad was asleep. I was sitting on the couch near his bed, thinking about what had happened during the last two months.

I had a miserable life, my step mother abused me. My family went on vacation. I met Armaan and his dad. I fainted on Armaan. I stayed over at Armaan's house. I screamed at him the next morning. He forced me to move in.

Armaan, Armaan, Armaan!

This is all happening because of Armaan. I just realized that his is such a bastard. He tricked me into his friendship so I don't grow suspicious of him. If I remember correctly, he was a play boy and he lusted me.

Oh My God!

He tricked me into his friendship so I could slowly fall in love with him and he can take me to bed!

Screw you Armaan Mallik!

"Riddhima?" I just realized I had zoned out again when I heard Rahul calling put my name. I looked up at him again to see him looking at me worriedly. He took his hand of my shoulder and came and sat next to me.

"I think you need some sleep! Go home and rest! I'll stay with Mr Gupta!" He gave me a small smile.

Why is he so nice?

He had played with Muskaan! He is a play boy too! He is Armaan's best friend and then why would he care about my dad!

********************

We were walking towards his car, in the hospital's basement's parking when I stopped walking. He turned around and looked at me.

"Whats wrong? Oh come on Riddhima, don't worry, I'll stay with Mr Gupta once I drop you home!" He smiled at me placing a hand at my shoulder.