Chapter 9 • Moving In

Riddhima Gupta's P.O.V

As soon as he stepped in, before he could see me, I ran into the kitchen. I grew conscious about my attire. I immediately looked down to see myself wearing old ripped jeans and a plain beige button up shirt which had stains on it.

I can't go like this in front of him!

"Warm up the food! They are going to have their dinner!" Rupali, my sweet little step sis (note the sarcasm) came in flaunting her revealing dress which only reached up till her thighs. I bet Armaan is probably swooned  by her looks and probably wants her in bed.

Arghhhh why am I even thinking about this? I nodded and started warming up the food while all the worse possible things in my mind came in like Rupali and Armaan dating, Rupali and Armaan getting married, Rupali and Armaan—arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Not again!

Okay Riddhima! Take a deep breath! Calm down! He is just here for a business deal! Nothing else! Wait? Why do I care? I mean yes I do have a crush on him but now knowing him a bit personally, I hate his casanova-like personality!

I was bringing out roasted chicken when I heard mom "Armaan dear would you like some spinach and cheese filled Ravioli?" She smiled falsely at him. "Rupali made it specially for you...she is a bug fan of yours you know? She read about all your likes and dislikes on the internet!"

Huh! As if!

It is me who made that Ravioli. While I was making it, Rupali was sitting on the counter stalking Armaan. His likes, dislikes, girlfriends, family pictures, etc. Well that time I didn't HE was coming. I thought she was normally stalking him because thats what she always did despite knowing his personality.

"I WANT YOUR DAUGHTER RIDDHIMA TO LIVE WITH FOR AS LONG AS I WISH FOR!" I heard him in a loud, clear and authoritative tone. Dad's eyes widened and his face turned red in a second. He stood up to say something but before anybody could say something, the silence atmosphere of the room was filled with the screeching of a falling glass plate which scattered on the floor into a million pieces.

The plate I was holding with the roasted chicken, crashed into a million pieces on the wooden floor. I could feel the heat on my face because of anger and disgust. I felt sick in my stomach on the thought that I ever had feeling for this man. So now I get it!

He wants me to be his personal whore as long as he desires!

"Take whatever you want! But Armaan Mallik" dad said turning to him, pointing his finger at Armaan, "remember! Not my daughters! She is my respect and I won't let you take her for as long as you want make her your personal servant!"

Tears kept storming down my eyes and I just couldn't believe my dad. He, for once, accepted that I'm his daughter. I can't even describe what I'm feeling right now. At some point I'm feeling angry, disgustful, low, but then I feel proud, ecstatic, and happy on the way my dad is defending me.

"Who said she is going to be my personal servant? She is going to share my life with me! She is going to accompany me in every step of my life for as long as I want" Armaan spoke again, this time his voice held anger. This guy really knows how to aggravate my anger. I'm seriously gonna whack that stupid head of his neck.

"Mr Armaan Mallik! What part of 'NOT MY DAUGHTERS' you don't understand? Take anything from me but not MY daughters!" Dad was shaking by anger right now. Thats my dad! Today I feel wanted. Today I feel that I BELONG somewhere in this world! I have a place too! I'm not unwanted!