Chapter 23 • Love Confessed

Riddhima Gupta's P.O.V.

"She has your child in her womb Rahul!" I said.

"WHAT?" He screamed and got up. His eyes bulged out because of shock and his mouth was wide open in big O.

"Look please calm down! I know it's not easy being a father at am early age—" I stood up trying to explain to him but he showed me his hand and his face held a deadly gaze.

"Why didn't she tell me?" He asked in a hoarse voice. Oh god! He is angry!

"Look Rahul, she didn't want you to get mad at her, and she knew once she told someone, the whole world would know and rumours would start about you two! Her family is not that liberal and if it came in news that you guys are having a baby before marriage, her dad is going to have a heart attack. Muskaan belongs to a very poor family. Her mom and dad live in India, and every month she sends them money. Imagine, when they would receive this news, how will they show their face in society over there?" I asked him as he started to pace back and forth rubbing his temple. I know now is the time that he knows everything about Muskaan. Not many people know about her private life and family.

"But Riddhima it's common to have babies these days before marriage?" Rahul knitted his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Dumbo! This is United States! India is not that forward now! People are very judgemental there! Everybody knows what is going on in the others' house. My business in India would be some local store's woman's business too! India is not that liberal and so aren't their families, specially Muskaan's!" I explained to him as I sensed his anger dying down.

"But Riddhima you are my best friend and my sister, why didn't you tell me?" Rahul whined.

"I'm sorry Rahul! I had no choice! Muskaan, at that time, was really mentally unstable and I was also against you!" He chuckled at the last line.

"Rahul...um after knowing everything, are you, are you going to leave her? I mean it would be a huge blow to your casanova-like reputation!" I hesitantly asked.

"You know Riddhima, when I was a little kid, I always dreamt of my queen! I always wanted a girl and in my life who would be only mine! Who would wait for me at home. Who I could spoil! And I STILL want that. But now I got that girl, and she is Muskaan! Yes! I LOVE HER!" He said truthfully looking at me. "And about my one night stands, that is every king's favourite hobby" he laughed and winked at me making me smack him.

"Don't you dare cheat on her after you guys are together!" I warned him showing my index finger. Muskaan doesn't know what kind of a gem she had gotten in life.

"Cross my heart and hope to die, I promise I won't ever ever ever do that!" Rahul said like a kid making me chuckle.

"What are you? A five year old?" I joked looking at him.

He chuckled and took a sip from his bottle.

*******************************

"What do you think of this dress Riddhima?" Neha said as she twirled in front of me. She was wearing a beautiful white wedding gown with a see-through corset. It had a lot of stone work on it.