Chapter 13 • Netflix & Chillin'

Riddhima Gupta's P.O.V.

As soon as he asked me that question, my body froze. How does he know? And why is he asking that?

"Umm..Armaan I think it's late and we have to go, plus I have yo give Granny her medicines." I breaking my eye contact with him and taking my bag.

Before he could say anything else, the waiter came with the bill as I got up and made my way outside the restaurant. I leaned my back on the car and waited of him. Should I tell him? No are you crazy Riddhima? This is Muskaan's secret, my best friend's secret! You can't tell him. He is just a new friend, you can't share everything with him!

As soon as I saw him coming, O turned my body towards the door, and waited for him to unlock the car so I can get in. The ride was awkward and silent. Only the noise of the car moving could be heard or the faint music playing in the car.

**************************

I squinted my eyes open and looked any sign of sunlight but the room was totally dark. I grabbed my phone from the side table and saw the time which made my eyes pop out.

2:08 am?

Why did I wake up in the middle of the night? I closed back my eyes again, to find some sleep. Arghhh! Why can't I sleep? God this is so annoying. Turning on my side, I tried to sleep again, but all went in vain.

I walked downstairs, outside in the backyard and said in front of the swimming pool, rolling my pyjamas up so I could dip my feet in the water. The water felt relaxing yet cold on my legs.

I should have told Armaan. No wait no–I did right by not telling him. I mean I can't tell him everything. "It is still cold for these spaghetti tops you know! Its only April!" I turned my head and looked up to see the owner of the voice. He was standing, still dressed in his suit, except he didn't have his tie and blazer on. He rolled his pants up to his knees and placed his feet inside the water, sitting beside me. I shuddered as my bare am brushed with his and because of the cold wind.

"Why are you up at this hour?" He asked looking at me while I stared at our reflection in the pool.

"I dunno...I just couldn't sleep!" I told him dipping my fingers in the cold water and playing with it. "Anyways what were you up to?" I continued, looking up into his eyes. Our eyes met, and silence occurred for total two minutes. Before he could speak, both of us heard faint music coming and I eyed him suspiciously.

"I was doing Zumba!" He said grinning cheekily making me stare at him with wide eyes. I stared at him for 30 seconds and then bursted out laughing.

"You seriously think I'll believe that?" I said laughing and got out of the pool and went inside with him following me inside, laughing.

"No I was actually completing some work in my office, and I saw you so I came to check on you!" He chuckled while I went in the kitchen and looked for paper towels to dry my legs.

"Hey do you know where does Annie keep the paper towels!" I asked him while opening a cabinet on the top and searching. "Oh look I found some coffee mix, I'll make coffee!" I said while going on my tippy toes to grab the container. Argh! Short girl problems. God why am I so short? Suddenly, everything went silent, and the next second I felt a hand over mine while another on my waist. I turned my head to meet Armaan's eyes. His head was bent low towards mine. Our lips were inches away. My heart was beating really fast! Adrenaline was rushing through my body right now.

"Here you go!" I heard him whisper and backed off while I pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear. I walked towards a cabinet which was made of see-through glass in-between its wood so you could see the wine glasses and mugs. I took out two mugs and placed them on the counter. Before going to the fridge to get some milk, I spared a glance towards him while he just looked away as of I caught him staring at me. The intimacy we shared minutes ago created a lot of awkwardness between both of us! I moved my eyes away and got the milk pitcher and brought it to the counter.

"Hey...so um...did you the paper towels?" I asked mixing the powder and milk with a spoon in his mug while back was still facing him.

"Ah no! I'll ask Annie to help you throughout tomorrow, going over the stuff in the kitchen!" He said as he took the mug from me and walked out in the living room followed by me.

"But I have work tomorrow Armaan!" I protested as he sat down on the sofa, switching on the tv.

"Then don't go! I mean there's a lot of men there! They don't need you there!" He said while browsing through Netflix and finding something watch.

"What do you mean they don't need me! Of course they do, its my job! And why are—WAIT A MINUTE" O sat next to him and stared at him clenching his jaws. Is he jealous? "Are you jealous" I said grinning cheekily.

"Why would I be jealous! Anyways let Netflix and chill!" He said while putting on The Martian and kept the remote on the table, while placing his legs along the remote.

"Ewww Armaan you're so disgusting!" I said while he stared at me.

"What Riddhima I said Netflix and and chill meaning relax and have fun watching the movie! OH MY GOD you're so dirty minded!" He said smirking while my eyes went wide and I gasped.

"You idiot!" I grabbed a cushion and hit him with it while he grabbed another and we spent our time, hitting with cushions having cushion fight.

*************************

Do comment and vote
<3 Humaira