Chapter 21 • House Hunting

Riddhima Gupta's P.O.V.

"You joking right?" I let out a nervous chuckle looking at him. He is joking right? He can't get married! Rahul told me Armaan loves me!

Yet he only doesn't know it yet!

"No Riddhima!" He said as if he didn't care. "I AM REALLY GETTING MARRIED!"

"To whom, if you don't mind?" I asked him. I was trying so hard not to cry right now.

Why am I feeling so vulnerable? I knew I was never his type! Maybe he fell for someone else!

"Neha Singhania!" He answered in a monotone.

"Oh.." Yeah that makes a lot of sense you know, the hugs and flowers the other day! The way she hugged him and the way he got so happy seeing her. 

After that there was only silence between us. We kept staring at eachother's reflection in the pool while he took sips from his bottle.

"What are we?" I asked!

"Just Friends I guess!" He whispered.

"You know...um it was a long day! I'll just go and sleep!" I frowned and looked at him who gave me a slow nod.

I got up and walked towards my room. The pain I was feeling right now was unexplainable. I always knew we were just friends and he just lusts me—or not!

I locked my rooms door and covered my mouth in order to stop the sob that was about to escape. Grandma was sleeping and I really didn't want to wake her up!

My body slowly feel down on the floor and I leaned on the wall. The warm tears gushed down my eyes. I could feel the pain in my heart. It was like someone was stabbing knives again and again in my heart. Why does everything have to go wrong in my life. For once, why can't I find happiness?

*************************

"Get ready we're going out!" I walked into Rahul's pent house as he opened the door and looked at me with a confused expression.

"Riddhima...Hi!" He said looking at me with the expression you-say-hi-first!

"Come on get dressed! We have got to go!" I glared at him. He was still in his PJs looking at me as if I'm an alien.

"Riddhima it is 9:00 am and it's sunday! What the fuck man!" He swore sitting next to me. He closed his eyes and rubbed his temple.

"Well too bad Rahul get your shit together 'cuz we have places to go!" I said and he groaned in annoyance.

"I curse the time I became your verbally said-brother." He whined walking in his room while I forced an evil smile at him.

******************

"If I knew we were crashing into your bestie's place I would have gladly come in my PJs" Rahul gave a flirty smile to Muskaan through the mirror in the car while she rolled her eyes.

"So where to?" Rahul asked as he started his car.

"Buffalo!" I said in a monotone.

"What! Ah Hello! Miss that is 6 hrs away and I can't stand this jerk for hours!" Muskaan yelled in disbelief making me roll my eyes.

"Well Muskaan there are other people in this world who have bigger problems than you so you better shut up and sacrifice sometimes!" I screamed at her taking her by off guard.

***************************

Armaan Mallik's P.O.V.

I don't even know at this point what is even happening in my life. I don't know why I agreed to this marriage. I'm the the type of the guy who does one night stands not life time commitments! But there is a reason to this! I have to take this marriage risk for it!

"Where is Riddhima?" I asked Grandmother as she was having her breakfast. It is currently 12:00 pm and she is nowhere to be seen.

Last night when I told her about my marriage, I saw the look in her eyes; hatred. She obviously hated me! I forced her into moving in thinking I lust her, I made her believe I have something for her and now I friend zoned her!

"She told me to tell she has gone to Buffalo with Shashank to meet her maternal family. Did I tell you? Her family is from Buffalo?" She said while Annie poured juice for her.

*********************

"I am so happy with your decision Armaan!" Shekar uncle hugged me while his wife fed us sweets.

I was at their house as our families met to set wedding date. Neha was beaming with happiness when she got to know. I just have to take this risk for the purpose that will change my life. I just hope that the risk I'm taking will he worth it!
*****************

Riddhima Gupta's P.O.V.

"I don't get it! Why do you need a house when you have your dad's house and your already living with Armaan?" Rahul asked me as he took a sip from his coffee.

After six hours of driving, and checking into a hotel, all three of us were exhausted. We needed a good meal so we ate dinner at a fast food restaurant and the took take out coffee.

"You know my past history with dad and I don't have any relationship with Armaan!" I said bluntly staring into a blank space.

"Riddh-" Muskaan was about to speak but I showed her my hand. A frown was evident on her face.

"He is getting married guys and I don't think his wife would like a burden; Granny and Me living in their house!" I said looking at both of them. Theirs jaws were dropped on the floor as of they had seen Michael Jackson walk out of his grave.

"WHAT!" They both screamed out together!

"Guys are you planning to make me go deaf?" I said holding my ears.

********************

"Thats impossible Riddhima he LOVES YOU! Not Neha!" Rahul angrily shouted as I told them about everything that happened last night.

"Is it okay to feel horrible seeing your crush getting married?" I asked gazing at the stars through the window of mine and Muskaan's hotel room.

"You LOVE him! He is not your crush!" Muskaan glared at me making me roll my eyes.

"Oh come on Muski we'll know that both of us had crushes on those two sexy billionaires from that magazines! I had it in Armaan and you had it on Rahul!" I spoke without thinking. When I heard nothing I looked back to see Rahul and Muskaan looking at me in shock.

Oh no!

************************

Hey guys!
I'm back with the update!
I'm trying to write as fast as I can!
I know I've been a lazy brat in the past!

Anyways coming to the part, how is it? Why is Armaan marrying Neha? What is his Purpose?

Comment and Vote!
<3 Humaira