Forever Bound: Thirty-Eight

It All Went To Shit

Blake's POV

It's been three weeks, and Skylar has yet to wake up. I've visited her everyday, hoping that when I walk in, and tell her that I love her, that she'll jump up and say how much she loves me, and how she didn't mean to put everyone through this emotional turmoil. But like I said, she hasn't woken up yet. 

Landon's been a mess, and May's tried to console him but it hasn't helped. Jackie and Liam are slowly taking care of their baby boy, Benjamin. She gave me all the details, but I didn't really care. The only thing I could focus on was Skylar and how she wasn't waking up.

"Blake, go get some sleep." Levi said as he walked in the door. He's been here with me a lot. He always left when I asked him to so I could talk to Sky in private. He and I have gotten close because of this. It's killing me that she hasn't woken up.

"I'm fine. We can leave in five minutes, can I meet you in the waiting room? I want to talk to Sky for a bit and i'll be ready." I asked.

"Yeah, i'll be waiting for you." He said and left, closing the door quietly.

My gaze fell on Skylar once more. She was sickly pale and it made my stomach churn. Her golden hair looked dull in the God awful florescent lighting. Yet she still looked as beautiful as ever. Even with the tubes coming out all over. It took me a couple days to be able to sit in here and see her like that. The bruises have gone away and she doesn't look as bad anymore. I just wish she would wake up.

"Come on Sky." I said as I squeezed her hand lightly. "Baby please wake up for me. You're all I can think about right now and I don't know how to handle myself anymore. Your dad is even a mess, not to mention how worried you're making Meredith." I took a deep breath. "But the worst is Landon. Sky, he can barely function. You're his whole world. For fuck's sake your my whole world. I just want you to wake up and tell me you love me again." I said as tears started to fall from my eyes. "I want you to know how much I love you and how sorry I am for all of this because it's my fault that you're here. But the good news is that the baby's not even mind. I can't even imagine having a baby with anyone but you." I kissed her cheek. "I want to marry you. I want to see how beautiful it will be when you say 'i do' and officially become mine. I want a family with you, but the only way that's going to happen is if you wake up. So please baby, wake up for me." I begged. 

I stared at her for a couple more minutes then kissed her forehead and got up from the chair.

"I love you so much, baby. I'll be back tomorrow."

I put my hand on the doorknob when I heard some shuffling. I turned around quickly as I heard a groan. There Skylar was. Awake. Looking as beautiful as ever. 

"Oh thank God, Skylar." I breathed as I rushed to her. I kissed her so passionately but pulled away when I didn't feel her respond.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, concerned.

She stared at me for a while then looked around. Her eyes settled on me once again and opened her mouth.

"Who are you?"