Forever Bound: Twelve

Chapter Twelve: Simply Not Meant To Be

Skylar's POV 

I saw the way Blake kissed Jackie. He definitely likes her. I couldn't believe he even did that. I gave him the chance to be honest with me last night, and he didn't take it. I cannot believe he kissed her like that though. Not even ten minutes ago had he told me he didn't want to break up with me. What a lying piece of trash. If he thinks we will magically be friends again, he has another thing coming.

Luckily, everyone was coming with us to lunch. I was excited because it would give me a chance to not think about the pain in my heart about being betrayed. Maybe just being with people that actually cared for me will help.

So when we got to the restaurant, it was basically all coupled up. Well, except for Liam and I because we aren't a couple. I knew that it's not good to go back with your exes, and I totally agree with that. But Liam has been so caring today, I thought back to the time when I actually liked him.

I mean, Blake's moved on, why shouldn't I? We were simply not meant to be. But unlike Blake, I will wait a couple weeks before even talking to Liam about dating again. It just wasn't right to move on too fast when you were in love. You need time to heal.

"Skies?" Liam said.

I looked up at him and smiled.

"Yeah?"

He laughed.

"It's your turn to order, silly."

I looked up and saw the waitress. Whoops.

"Sorry, about that, bad day. I'll have the chicken strips please. With a water." I said with a smile as she took my menu.

I looked over at Liam and he was talking with Mia. I gave myself a mental note to ask what they were talking about. Maybe he still likes me. I mean, he did say he missed me, yet he was kind of a jerk back then. Wow, it's like Blake and Liam had switched roles.

"Li?" I asked.

He turned and faced me with a smile on his face.

"Yeah, Skies?"

"I need a special nickname for you. I have one for everyone important to me but you. I mean, Mia is Beauty Queen, Jake is Tootsie Roll, Landon is Peanut and Blake is Superstar. You're important to me, so you need one."

"Hmm, I don't know. I'm not sure i'm worthy of a nickname." He said.

I laughed. 

"You may not have been that nice to me back then, but you really helped me out today. So that makes you very important and special to me."

"Hmm. I like pumpkin pie? What about pumpkin?" He asked.

"Pumpkin. I like that." I said and smiled up at him.

"Well, since I have a nickname in your book, you need one in mine. What would you like it to be, Sky? Because everyone calls you Sky, Skies, and Skylar. I want the name to be special."

Hm. No one has another name for me except Blake and Jake. So it's always ever been Sky, or Skies, Or Skylar along with Skylight and Cupcake. Heck, I don't even like cupcakes. If Liam wants to give me a nickname he should.

"How about Beautiful or Gorgeous, or even Princess?" He said.

"Princess? No. I like peanut butter cups. What about buttercup?"

"Mmm, my buttercup, huh?" Liam said.

When those words left his mouth, I got the chills. It felt good to hear a different nickname. It felt...right. But then my stomach grumbled.

"All this talk has made me even more hungry! Where's the food?" I said with a laugh.

Not even a minute later, our waitress returned with our food. Yummy. Then after we are, Landon offered to take everyone else home to give Liam and I more time to talk. So we got into his car and drove around while we talked.

We just talked about how I was going to cope with this. Liam said he'd get the same schedule so we'd have more thime to talk. I quickly obliged. It would be so much fun!

I realized we were going by Blake's house and that all the car windows were open and I guess, so was Blake's. So when we went by, you could hear Jackie. It was down right disgusting. Deep down inside I knew he wouldn't be mine because I would never want to have sex. I'm traditional, and I want to wait. But Liam tried to talk louder so that I wouldn't hear it. Thank goodness when he put the radio on.

When we gotup to my porch, I got a text from Landon:

-Skies I will be busy with May tonight. It's cool if Liam wants to stay. Just be smart. Love you.-

"Would you like to spend the night, pumpkin?" I sasked.

"Oh, uh, sure." He said.

So we walked into the house and I went up to my room. 

"You can sleep in my bed, Liam. But don't push it." I said as I laid down.

"Fine by me. I'll just hold you. You wont even know i'm here."

"Okay"

I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. I could could feel it in my body that he was there, and I liked it. I needed comfort tonight. I began silently crying and then I was in blackness.