Forever Bound: Thirty-Two

The Call

Blake's POV 

I woke up to the sound of my phone going off. Opening my eyes, I saw that I wasn't in my room. I saw Skylar lying next to me and a smile spread across my face and I kissed the top of her head and grabbed my phone, answering it. 

I looked back at Sky sleeping. She was still so beautiful with her messy hair. My favorite part of the scene was seeing her bare back facing me. Last night had been the best night of my entire life, and nothing could tear that memory away from me.

"Hello?" I said in a whisper.

"I have to tell you something important." Jackie said then sniffled.

My immediate reaction was to hang up. I told Sky that I wasn't going to mess up this time. The only reason I stayed on the line was that she appeared to be crying.

"What is it?! I'm with Skylar." I said in a cold voice.

"I'm sorry. It's just... this is hard to say, and I don't want you to kill me."

"Jackie, just tell me already. The sooner I don't have to talk to you, the better."

"Actually, you'll be seeing a lot of me." She cried harder. "I'm pregnant, Blake."

I couldn't feel anything anymore. Hell, I couldn't even swallow. My brain failed me, and I couldn't even imagine why she was telling me this.

"What d-do you mean?" I asked stupidly, still trying to find the relevance.

"It's yours." 

My eyes widened and I dropped my phone on the hardwood floors. Jackie is having a baby. Not just any baby though. MY FREAKING BABY. That's just... I can't.

"Blake, what's wrong?" I heard from behind me, and I wanted to die.

Skylar, who's given me so many chances, the one who I love so much saw what happened. How am I going to explain to her what I just learned? 

"N-nothing, baby. Go back to sleep." I said as I picked up my phone.

She nodded and laid back down, snuggling deeper into the sheets.

"I'll call you later so we can talk. Bye." I said lowly into the phone.

My life is now about to end...