Forever Bound: Twenty-Five

A Look Inside

Levi's POV 

I was holding Skylar trying to get her to talk to me, but she was so consumed in Blake. I'm not going to lie, I never in a million years have would I have thought Blake would hit a girl. Especially one that he liked.

Now, you may ask yourself how I know he liked Sky? Well, we ran into each other at the park once and I asked him how Skylar was. He demanded how I knew her, and what part I played in her life. I was taken off guard and told her she was my best friend, and I knew that they played together. I just wanted to make sure she was okay. She hadn't been to the part.

But I guess that was the wrong thing to say because he told me to stay away from her. That he was her best friend and she didn't need anymore. You could see the jealously in his eyes even if you were a mile away. But I wasn't competition. I didn't like Skylar like that, but that was the day Blake started hating me. I was just indifferent to him, and I can't say I hated him. I just didn't like the fact that he kept her away from me.

But now as I'm sitting with her in my car, heading back to my house, I can see why Blake liked her so much. She was beautiful. Her eyes were bloodshot from crying so much, but that just made her emerald eyes pop out even more. They were the perfect touch to her golden locks, which were now in her face.

Even with her makeup running down her face, she never looked so good. Her soft voice was like a lovely lullaby that would only affect me. The feeling that my heart was going to burst was a reminder of why I came back. I never wanted to see her with anyone else. She was like a fragile doll that you wanted to keep in the box so no one would dare to mess with it. I just wanted her to want me, but I knew that she never would.

For the past weeks I've wondered what he reaction would be when she found out I was back. Would she ignore me because I left? Or would she run to me and never let me go again? Thankfully it was the latter, and I'm glad. Maybe even Landon will be okay with us hanging out again. He wrote me a letter when I first moved telling me how much of a wreck Sky was. 

Now we got out of the car and went into Skylar's house. We sat down at the kitchen table. She told me her dad wouldn't be home, and that his girlfriend was probably off to her college class, so we had nothing to interrupt us. With that said, I made sure to study her so I knew what she was thinking. I didn't get much.

"Skies..." I breathed before I got up and wrapped her in my arms. I couldn't help but notice that she melt like strawberries. Trying not to inhale her hair, I kissed the side of her head. "I didn't mean to get you involved." She pulled away and laughed.

"You didn't get me involved. I was trying to stop him before he hit you! And then BAM, he hit me." She started tearing up a little more. "The worst part is that he didn't even look like he regretted it." She looked up at me with her big green eyes. "I've never seen him like that before. Not since I've known him. And it scares me." She took a deep breath. "It scares me so much that I want to transfer schools."

"What? You don't want to be at the same school with him? With any of them? You really want to start over?" I asked, not convinced.

She nodded. "Yeah. I'm done with all of them. They don't get me. I want to move on."

This time I nodded and squeezed her tighter. "I'm coming with you." She pulled back with a big smile. "Really?" I smiled. "Of course. I'm not letting you go this time." She blushed then got her phone and started to dial. "Off to Pontiac we go!"