Forever Bound: Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One: Secrets

Blake's POV 

I noticed something was wrong when Mia came through the door and slammed it. She ran her hand through her hair as she talked into her cellphone at an alarmingly loud tone. That was all of the telltale signs that she was upset. She is usually never like this when she gets back from talking to Sky. They are like sisters, and nothing could come between them.

I tried to look busy, as if I was really reading this magazine while she talked to Mason, I presume, on the phone. I strained my ears to hear what she was saying.

“She didn’t understand, Mase! It’s not my fault. I’m glad she’s leaving.” She said in a snooty tone.

My eyes widened as I heard her say this. I don’t know what is wrong with Mia but something went down at Skylar’s house that didn't sit well with Mia. But obviously the way Mia was talking did not sit well with Mason either.

“What do you mean? No, I told her at a fine time. Oh my God it’s not that big of a deal. She was going to tell my brothers, Mason!” there was a pause. “You don’t know her like I do. She’d run off and tell Blake, which I guess wouldn’t have been that bad. He does it too.” 

I heard her sigh and start to walk up the stairs. I got up from the couch and made my way over before she was all the way up.

“Mia, you’ve got a lot of explaining to do.” I said while I crossed my arms over my chest.

She screamed and dropped her phone. She whirled around and I swear, if looks could kill, I’d be dead.

“What are you talking about, Blake?” She asked.

“You just screamed out a confession, and I’m not stupid. I know exactly what’s going on.” I said, but it was all bravado. In reality, I had absolutely no idea what she was doing, but if I made her think I did, she’d spill.

I looked at her expectantly and her face paled and her breaths came shorter. She must have been really scared. So I laughed it off and smiled.

“It’s not that big of a deal, Mia. Just be honest next time.” 

“Okay, but to make you feel better, we’re being safe.” She said while looking into my eyes.

Safe. Somehow that word didn’t sit right when being spoken by her. Safe implies condom, which implies sex. Oh, wait until Andrew hears about this. He will go ballistic! But maybe I should cut her some slack. I mean, I did go through a phase, and she’s not my little sister anymore, she’s a young woman. Ick. I didn’t like admitting it as much as I liked saying it… and that was only in my head.

“Whatever, you just better be careful. And why this fight with Skylar? I mean, she would have told me but I would have reacted the same way I am now. It wasn’t worth getting into a fight about it.” I said while shaking my head at her.

“Well she’s gone now anyways. Her dad was pulling up as I ran home. I hope she has a wonderful time in Grand View. I hope she finds a new bestfriend, because I don’t need her.” She said and stalked off into her room.

I didn’t know what was more surprising; Mia saying that, or Sky leaving without saying goodbye. Why did things ever have to get this bad? There is no way that I can fix it now, she’s long gone.

I retreated back to the coach only to see my phone light up. I opened it and was amazed by what was inside.

From: Skylight

Blake, I feel bad that I didn’t get to say bye to you, but I’m only 15 minutes away. You can come see my anytime you want. This was, we can work at getting back to being friends again. Oh, and you should see my dad now, total transformation. – Sky