Forever Bound: Thirty-Seven

Pains

Blake's POV

I went straight to the hospital. Jackie called me and told me she was in labor. How wonderful to just get up and have to leave Skylar like that. It was supposed to be our special night, but that phone call couldn't be ignored. It was my responsibility to be there for that baby -my baby. Skylar still thinks that I should have a test done to see if it's really mine, but Jackie wouldn't lie to me about that. 

"Hi i'm here for Jackie Hughes." I said to the lady at the front desk. She looked up and then typed on the keyboard, looking for something.

"Miss Hughes is in room 222 in the maternity ward. Take the elevator to the second floor, take a right and the door should be on your left." She said with a smile.

I took off towards the room and saw her parents in the waiting room. I smiled at them and noticed another person there. Levi. I narrowed my eyes at him. Why would he be here? Shaking my head I went into the room to see Jackie.

"Hey."

She looked up at me and smiled a little.

"Hey, Blake. I uh, wanted you here because we need to talk." She said then groaned. "First off, i'm just supposed to sit here and take these fucking contractions like it doesn't hurt until in dilated. it hurts so much." She said and took some calming breaths. "Second, I feel like I owe you a very heartfelt apology and you're going to hate me for this. But sorry to say you're not getting a heartfelt apology out of me now because i'm giving birth to my baby. I just needed you to know the truth. God DAMN IT when is this baby going to get OUT OF ME?" She screamed at the nurse.

I scratched the back of my head. Heartfelt apology for what?

"God i'm such a bitch. The baby's not yours Blake. It's Levi's. That's why he's in the waiting room with my parents." She gave another scream.

The baby isn't mine?

"It's not mine?" I said slowly, just to clarify.

"No it's not yours. Levi made me tell you it was, and some part of me wished it was because Levi is a fucking jerk and ill be damned if my baby turns out like him." She took a few more breaths. "WHAT THE FUCK IS TAKING SO LONG WHERE IS THE OTHER NURSE?" She screamed at the poor nurse checking her.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but we had to send some down to the E.R. A car crash victim came in a few seconds ago and they were losing the poor girl. Such a shame. Guess a drunk driver hit the cab and sped off." The nurse said to placid Jackie.

I felt like I was intruding now.

"Uh, Jacks?" I asked nervously.

"WHAT?" she snarled as a whimper came out of her mouth.

"Now that this baby isn't mine, can I go back to Skylar?"

She took a breath and composed herself.

"Yeah, go ahead." She said and waved her hand dismisively.

I ran out as fast as I could. I was happy. Not that having a baby would have been a bad thing, but I just wasn't ready, and I didn't want a baby with her, I wanted one with Sky.

Jumping into my car, I tried calling her but no one picked up. So I turned the radio on loudly as I made my way back to the hotel. I was just about to go back to the room when the lady at the front desk stopped me.

"Sorry, sir, but your girlfriend already paid and left. You don't have a room here anymore." She smiled sadly at me.

I frowned.