Forever Bound: Thirty-Four

Tell Me The Truth

Blake's POV

"How exactly are you planning on helping this situation, Landon?" I asked cautiously.

"Well, i'm just going to come out and say that you are a huge screw up, and I shouldn't even want to help you."

"Landon!" Skylar said fiercely.

He gave her a look and continued.

"But my sister somehow still likes you after everything, so that's why i'm going to help. You can do this, Blake. But first you need to make sure this baby is yours. Jackie's a bitch and God knows she'd pull something like this just to make you stay." He said and gave me a pointed look.

"I guess. I'll talk to her about it the next time I see her." I said and looked at Sky. She had her head down and I knew how disappointed she was, but I couldn't help what happened. I was stupid and now she is the one hurting. Maybe her life would be better without me in it.

"I'm trying, Blake, I really am. I just...thinking about this makes me feel like i'm the pregnant one. I kind of feel bad for Jackie. She doesn't have anyone to help her through this..." Her green eyes glassed over with tears.

"Skylar, that is not your problem. She's the one that messed up, not you. You'd never do anything that stupid." Landon said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I met her eyes and raised my eyebrow. Maybe I shouldn't have assumed she'd already let her brother know what happened between us. I could have ruined everything. Good to know.

"Yes, I know that, Land. Yet, how exactly are we going to help Blake?" She asked exasperatedly.

"I can help babysit, and I'll be here for moral support. That's all we can do, Skies. He has to be the dad." He turned his gaze to me. "I just hope he's cut out for the job."

"I am. I got someone pregnant, and you better believe i'm going to be the best dad there is." I said with dignity.

"Good for you." Skylar said then walked away. 

I was about to follow her, but Landon stopped me.

"It's better that you leave her alone for a while. It's still a lot to process for her. I mean, what if she was in that situation and the guy responsible wasn't there? She's a girl, Blake, but she's so in love with you it hurts me sometimes because i'm afraid that she'll go back to her old ways if something ever happens between you two. I can't lose my mom and my sister. So just be careful."

I nodded. 

"I will. You have to believe me Landon, I love her one hundred percent, and that's why it's so hard to be there for Jackie. It's going to tear Skylar and I apart... and I can't have that happen. I can't hurt her more than I already have."

"Why don't you go talk with Jackie and figure out if that baby is really yours, and i'll comfort my sister and make sure she's okay." 

"Yeah, sure. Just tell her i'll talk to her later and that I love her." I say and open the front door.

"Will do. See ya." He said as he shut the door behind me.

xxxxxxxxxx

"Where in God's name have you been?!" Andrew yells at me as I walk through my door.

"At Sky's." I sigh. "Family meeting. Get everyone here."

It's now or never.

"JAKE! MIA! GET DOWN HERE. FAMILY MEETING." He yelled and I rolled my eyes as I took a seat on the loveseat.

Jake and Mia came running down the stairs and plopped on the couch as Andrew took a seat in the recliner. They all looked at me expectantly. Here goes nothing.

"So, I have some news... and I'm not sure you're going to like it. But bare with me, I still have to confirm it." I said nervously.

"Oh my god! You asked Skylar to marry you!" She said with delight and I looked at her confused.

"Uh, no. I'm not ready for that." I paused. "And I sure as hell wasn't ready to be a dad..." 

"What. The. Fu--"

"Language, Jake!" Andrew chided.

They all looked at me and the expressions were priceless. Priceless meaning they all looked like they were going to kill me. Wonderful.

"What do you mean?! Who did you get pregnant Blake Matthew!" Andrew asked.

"It wasn't Skylar. Did you tell her yet, Blake? God, you are always hurting that poor girl. If Mason ever did that to me, he wouldn't have a dick anymore." Mia said and shot daggers at me.

"Way to go, man. Congrats. Who's the lucky lady?" Jake said sarcastically.

"God, shut up Jake, you can be so annoying!" Andrew said to him.

"God, you can be so annoying." he shot back at Andrew.

"SHUT UP!" I yelled. When I had their full attention I continued. "Jackie called me last week and told me that she was pregnant, and yes, Mia, I did let Skylar know. I don't go out of my fucking way to make her life hell. Don't you know how much it hurts me to hurt her?" I said angrily. "I don't even know if it's really mine yet, so you all need to chill out."

"You need to find out now if it's really yours. Cause there is no way i'm going to like helping you, but you are my brother and we're family. So i'll do my best to help." Andrew said and put his hand over his eyes. "A kid at nineteen. Good lord."

"I'm sorry." I whispered as I went up to my room.

There's nothing I could do except call Jackie and ask her flat out.

So I dialed the number and waited for her answer.

"Hello?"

"Jackie, I need to ask you a very important question."

"What do you need, Blake?" She sighed.

"I need the God honest truth right now. Is your baby mine?"

I held my breath until she answered.

"Honestly, I don't know. I have an appointment coming up that will tell me how far along I am, and then I'll let you know. I just hope it's yours because you're the best out of them all. I didn't mean to ruin your life or Skylar's for that matter." She said then hung up.

So there's a chance the baby might not even be mine. Thank God, I cannot wait until her appointment.