Forever Bound: Thirty-Three

A Little Help Here

Skylar's POV 

Blake's been acting strange the whole week, and I can't help but think it's because of what happened when he was over. Was I not good enough? Was it because he didn't want to do that? All I know is that this wasn't how I pictured his reaction being. I mean, we made love, and now he's avoiding me like I have some kind of disease. Oh God, what if I do have some kind of disease?! Oh my god, what am I going to do?

There was a knock at my door and I looked up, momentarily forgetting my spasm.

"Skylar. Your brother's here to see you." My dad said as he opened up the door. "Miranda and I are going to be gone this weekend, so Landon will be staying over here."

"Okay, have fun." I smiled and watched Landon walk in. I've missed him so much.

The way he was looking at me told me he knew something, and it wasn't good. He knew. He had to know. But I couldn't take his scrutiny anymore. I had to know...

"What?" i asked defensively as his eyes studied me.

"You look...different. Are you okay?" He asked.

Truth be told, I wasn't. I was having all these strange thoughts because of what happened, and I guess I've been a little distracted. Meaning I haven't eaten barely anything all week. These thoughts just consume me, and I lock on. But I smile anyways. Weakness is something i won't show.

"Of course I am." I got up. "I just was missing my big teddy bear of a brother." I said and giggled as he hugged me tightly.

"Oh, Skies. I'll be here all weekend, and we can do our nails and eat junk food, and watch chick flicks, and talk about boys!" He said in a girly voice.

"Thanks, Land. I really need it."

"No problem. I'm always here for you."

All the loves still there I just don't know what to do with it now...

I opened my phone at the sound of Blake's ringtone.

"Hello?" I said in a not so happy voice.

"Sky. What are you doing? We really need to talk." He sighed.

"Oh. Uh, if you want you can come over. I'm not doing anything." I said as my brows furrowed. He needs to talk. It's over. I messed it up this time...

"Okay, then come open the door, cause i'm here." I was surprised. How did he know I wasn't busy?!

"Okay." I said quietly and shut my phone. "Can you stay up here for a minute or two. I'll be right back." I told Landon as I ran down the stairs and opened the door.

"Blake." I said in a monotone voice. 

"Skylar." He sighed. "I've missed you so much. So many things have been going wrong lately, and you're the only thing I've gotten right..." He said as he kissed me.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked, now confused as to what was going on.

"You're going to hate me. God I know you are, but I don't like lying to you. I want you to know that this was a long time ago, okay? I wasn't with you. But I slept with Jackie, and now she's pregnant...." He said and looked me in the eyes.

"P-pregnant? You got Jackie pregnant and then you waltz on over here and have sex with me?!" I was fuming. "Blake Matthew I swear to God I will murder you with --"

"Baby, it was a long time ago. And I didn't fine out until after I spent the night." He took a deep breath. "Sky, I didn't want to lie to you. I want you, not her. I love you. The other night was the best day in my entire life." His hands cradled my face gently. "To have all of you was the best thing that could have happened to us. It wasn't sex, Skylight, we were one person and I've never felt anything that amazing in my whole entire life. So don't think for one second it wasn't the best ever. I love you, okay? We can work this out."

"But she's carrying your child, Blake." Tears poured over. "You can't just not be in that kids life. He or she needs a dad. Plus, i'm barely eighteen years old.. I don't want to hold you back." I stuttered.

"Skylar, i'm not leaving you, and I will take care of that kid...if it is mine. It might not even be, so you have to trust me, okay? Jackie might just be doing this because she doens't want us together."

I nodded and just stood there looking at him. Tears were in his blue eyes, and I couldn't give him up. I've waited too long for him. But a kid? That's just a lot of pressure, and I still have four months until i'm eighteen and a senior. This was going to be really tough, but it will be worth it. I don't think i'll love another person as much as I love him.

"Well, I guess I really should have stayed upstairs, huh?" Landon said awkwardly as he appeared from the hallway. He gave me a sheepish smile. 

"God, Landon." I said in a stern voice.

"Don't worry, I'm going to help you guys." He said and I looked back to Blake.

"Really?"

He nodded. "Yeah, really."