Forever Bound: Ten

Chapter Ten: Confession

Skylar's POV 

I heard the bell ring about ten minutes ago, so I thought it would be safe and I could just go home. So I wiped my eyes clean of the salty water and walked into the hallway. I checked both ways.

The coast was clear, so I went to my locker. I got all the necessary books for what I thought would be my homework and wrote a note reminding me to text Landon that I was at home. I headed towards the doors.

"Skylar?"

I froze at the sound of my name. I thought I was in trouble for trying to skip, but I recognized the voice. No...It couldn't be. Could it?

"Liam?" I said as I turned around.

He was standing about five feet away from me. He looked alot different. He had definitely been working out, and he had gotten taller. His blonde hair was longer, and in his eyes.

"It's been along time, Li." I said.

"Six months, Skylar. I've missed you so much."

I Laughed.

"Li, we can try to be friends again, but that is it. And that's only because i'm nice! I don't like you anymore." I made sure that that was clear.

"Oh, don't give me that, Sky. I know you still do. Deep down inside. I saw you making googly eyes at me when you saw how I changed." He said then winked.

"Well, the best I can do right now is make you my new best friend. We can go have a talk and catch up. Deal?"

Liam Smiled.

"Football field?" He asked.

"You know it." I said as we walked out.

We were out there for what seemed like forever, but in reality it was only three hours, because it was almost time for lunch. I told Li all about what happened with Blake. He held me when I cried and he told me I should call him out on it. And he'd be there to back me up. I honestly considered this until my thoughts gave way as our usual group, and Jackie, were infront of us.

"Skylar Rose, what is going on?" Landon said.

"Just talking to an old friend, Landy. You remember May's little brother, Liam?"

"Yeah, but why are you with him and why does it look like you've been crying?"

I looked up at Liam and he nodded. I took a deep breath and began.

"Well, I ran into Li when I was getting ready to skip, so I suggested we talk. I just told him everything that went on today." I looked specifically at Mia, Jake, Summer, and finally Blake and Jackie. 

I shrugged.

"Then he gave me some advice. No big deal. We're best friends." I said and smiled.

"You can't trust him, Sky. He's trying to take you away from me!" Blake said.

I laughed. He's in for it now.

"You don't have me Blake. You let me go. I don't date cheaters."