Forever Bound: Twenty-Six

Another Sleepless Night

Blake's POV 

It hadn't hit me until I was by my locker with Jackie and her friends. They were so annoying, but I dealt with them. I tended to tone them out. And this was no different. Until they started talking about what happened.

"I think she's going to have a black eye! How cool is it that your boyfriend did that?" Bonnie, one of Jackie's friend said.

"Right? He's just so adorable when he's mad. I mean, did you see her face? There is no way she'll be able to talk to him again. No problem anymore!" Jackie said with a laugh.

I narrowed my eyes and turned around. Never have I felt like hitting a girl, I still don't. It was a complete accident. Levi was provoking me, and I didn't know Skylar was just going to jump out of nowhere and get in front of him. There goes any chance. At all. I'm such an asshole.

"Jackie, stop. I didn't do it on purpose! She's my best friend." I said through clenched teeth. All I wanted to do now, was leave. I don't think I could handle another day at this school. 

"Blakey, relax. There weren't a lot of people there. It won't spread. Promise." She said with a smile, then kissed my cheek. Trying my best not to cringe away from her touch, I closed my eyes. She took it as a term of endearment, while I took it as an escape. 

I've told myself that I was going to get Skylar back, but all of the things that have happened have gone against us. I'm starting to think that I am not a plan in her future. It's probably a bad omen. It means that we will never have another chance. I might have just ruined the other chance of becoming her friend a again. I didn't deserve her, I deserve someone like Jackie, and I'm supposed to be an asshole. A prick. That's all I know how to be...and I guess I have to start acting like it. There is no good left in me, no matter how hard I try. I'm doomed.

I heard all the girls laugh but come up short. Then I heard a gasp.

"Blake, uh, you might want to run." Jackie said. I looked at her weirdly. "Why?"

"BLAKE MATTHEW LONGWOOD!" I stopped what I was doing and looked up. Down the hallway stood Landon. His arms were crossed over his chest and I could see that his face was red. Oh boy, was he angry. I'm dead. 

But I did see May trying to talk to Landon, but it wasn't helping. He was making his way over to me. I heard Jackie tell her friends to stay and support me. I wasn't sure if that sealed my fate or not. We were about to find out.

"I cannot believe you!" Landon said, his green eyes taking on a yellowish tint so that they looked gold. His upper lip was pulled back over his teeth, like an angry dog. I cannot blame him for being mad. I did just hit his sister and walk away. But I was ready. If being a bad boy was what I was supposed to be, I better start off right.

"What? Can your sister not take a punch?" I said then laughed. Jackie and her friends started laughing too. Some of them even said "burn." But I was focused on their reaction. So when May and Landon's eyes went wide, I knew I had struck a chord. He took a step towards me, but I stood my ground.

"How dare you hit a girl. One that you love? That's just messed up. Where in God's name do you get off doing that, huh?" He said through his gritted teeth. "Landy, calm down, we'll make sure she's okay after school." May said as she stroked his arm. It was really her who started this whole thing. But she's not to blame right now. It's all on me. While I'm already going to die, why not get some laughs, no matter how much it hurt me.

"First of all, I didn't get off by doing that. I've never gotten off with, Sky. She just doesn't do it for me, Land. And I could care less what happens to her now." I turned to May now. "Maybe the bruise will make her eyes pop even more." I said with a laugh. I was doing just fine when Jackie came up and pushed May. "Get over it. Bitches get hit all the time, I'm glad someone else thought she was worthless like me."